Residence permit for the purpose of attending the Working-Holiday- and Youth Mobility-Programme at the location Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer
Current information on this location
Currently, the number of hits on our online appointment scheduling has increased massively. Unfortunately, this can mean that the service is temporarily unavailable. A maintenance page will then be displayed. Please note our
Changes in opening hours
- To further contain the corona infection the service at our locations will be restricted. For the time being until March 7th, 2021, service will only take place by appointment.
- We are closed on March 8th, 2021 due to the public holiday (International Women's Day).
Information for customers with an appointment
We ask for your understanding for the following hygiene precautions:
- Entering our service building is only permitted with a medical mask. Medical masks in this sense are surgical masks as well as masks of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2.
- We can’t serve you if you are displaying symptoms of infection.
- Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, access to our office buildings is limited only to customers with personal appointments.
- We ask accompanying people including German spouses, whose attendance was requested, for their understanding: Due to the current pandemic we cannot grant you access.
- An exception will be made for lawyers with ID, legal guardians with official ID and sign language interpreters who accompany the customer. Children below the age of 14 years may accompany parents if no alternative supervision can be arranged.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Residence permit for the purpose of attending the Working-Holiday- and Youth Mobility-Programme
Issuance of a residence permit for the purpose of attending the Working-Holiday- or Youth-Mobility-Programme
- Foreign nationals from Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada and New Zealand may apply for this residence permit in Germany.
- In contrast, foreign nationals from Korean Republic may apply for this residence permit only in exceptional cases (see below) in Germany.
Working-Holiday-Agreement between Germany and Australia, Israel, Japan or New Zealand
Foreign nationals from Australia, Israel, Japan and New Zealand may apply for this residence permit in Germany.
Youth-Mobility-Agreement between Germany and Canada
Foreign nationals from Canada may apply for this residence permit in Germany.
Working-Holiday-Agreement between Germany and the Republic of Korea
Foreign nationals from Korean Republic may apply for this residence permit only in exceptional cases in Germany. This is possible when an applicant from the Republic of Korea lives in Germany with a residence permit, e.g. for attending a language course.
Between 18 and 35 years of age
The following age limits apply for attending the programmes:
- for Australia, Israel, Japan, Korea and New Zealand between 18 and 30 years of age,
- for Canada between 18 and 35 years of age.
- Main residence in Berlin
A personal interview is required
The interview should, if possible, take place by appointment.
- Valid passport
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
- Foreign travellers’ health insurance that is valid for one year
Proof of funds in the amount of at least 2,000 Euros
e.g. bank statement
the form “Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels" (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit)
available in German, English, Frensc, Italian, Greek, Turkish, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- Rental agreement and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit) - in German, English, French, Italian
- Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit - in German, Greek, Turkish, Serbo-Croatian
- Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit - in German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian
- 56.00 to 100.00 euros (depending on the technical effort)
- Free of charge for Japanese citizens
Average time to process request
S-Bahn S 41/42 (Westhafen)
U-Bahn U 9 (Amrumer Str.)
Bus 123, 142, M27