Residence permit for temporary protection for refugees from Ukraine - Application at the location Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer
Current information on this location
- Since April 1st, 2022, the 3G regulation no longer applies. However, we ask that you continue to wear a KN95/N95 or FFP2 mask when entering our office building. This is for your own protection and the protection of our employees.
- In order to grant refugees from Ukraine humanitarian residence permits as quickly as possible, short-term express appointments can no longer be offered in the online appointment booking. We ask for your understanding and support in this special situation.
- Please note the information on our website about service from March 21st
Cash and girocard (with PIN) (formerly EC card) can be used for payment at the location.
- Payments are also possible by credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Maestro).
- Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Residence permit for temporary protection for refugees from Ukraine - Application
People who have had to flee Ukraine because of the war are granted a humanitarian residence permit for their temporary protection.
In Berlin, this residence permit can only be issued if you have already received an allocation decision from the State Office for Refugee Affairs (Landesamt für Flüchtlingsangelegenheiten - LAF) or from another reception facility in Germany for allocation to Berlin. You have been issued an arrival certificate about the decision to allocate you to Berlin.
Persons who have submitted an "online application for temporary protection" by 31 May 2022 need either an allocation decision for Berlin or proof of permanent accommodation in Berlin.
1. Apply using the "online application for refugees from Ukraine for temporary protection".
- You will receive a PDF document as confirmation of your application. This document certifies your legal residence in Germany and your right to take up paid employment until the date of the interview.
- Please save this document and also print it out if possible.
- Online-Antrag für Geflüchtete aus der Ukraine auf vorübergehenden Schutz
- Application for refugees from Ukraine for temporary protection according to Section 24 of the Residence Act
- Заявление о предоставлении временной защиты беженцам из Украины в соответствии со статьей 24 Закона о проживании
- Заява про тимчасовий захист біженців з України відповідно до статтi 24 Закон про проживання
3. Please bring the completed "application for a residence permit" and all required documents to the on-site appointment.
The following applies should you not have a valid passport, passport replacement or Ukrainian identity card:
- If your passport, passport replacement or Ukrainian ID card has expired, please contact your embassy to renew the document.
- If you do not have any of the above-mentioned documents, please ask the Ukrainian Embassy to issue you a certificate with a photo confirming your identity.
- during your on-site appointment you will receive another appointment at the State Office for Refugee Affairs (Landesamt für Flüchtlingsangelegenheiten - LAF) for identification. Your fingerprints will be taken at the LAF.
- you can only be issued a residence permit after the identification at the LAF.
You belong to the following categories of persons and had your habitual residence in Ukraine before 24 April 2022
- Ukrainian citizens,
- or: stateless persons and nationals who are neither from EU/EEA countries nor from Ukraine and have international protection or equivalent national protection in Ukraine,
- family members of Ukrainians or of persons who have received protection in Ukraine
- or: stateless persons and nationals who are neither from EU/EEA countries nor from Ukraine and who can prove that they have resided legally in Ukraine on the basis of a residence permit issued under Ukrainian law and who are not able to return safely and permanently to their country or region of origin
Allocation decision for Berlin (for applications from 1 June 2022)
Anyone who submits an "online application for temporary protection" from 1 June 2022 onwards will require an allocation decision for Berlin issued by the State Office for Refugee Affairs (Landesamt für Flüchtlingsangelegenheiten - LAF) or another reception facility in the Federal Republic of Germany. These persons have been issued a corresponding arrival certificate (Anlaufbescheinigung).
Permanent accommodation in Berlin or an allocation decision for Berlin (for applications until 31 May 2022).
Those persons who have filed an "online application for temporary protection" by 31 May 2022 need either
- permanent accommodation in Berlin (for example in a rented apartment or with relatives) or
- an allocation decision for Berlin
You have submitted the online application for temporary protection and attend the appointment for the interview
Once you have submitted your online application for temporary protection, you will receive an appointment for an interview as soon as possible by e-mail. An interview is not possible until you have received an appointment.
Application for a residence permit
(to be found under "forms")
Please bring the completed form to the appointment.
Valid document proving identity
For each person we need at least one of the following documents:
- a valid passport or passport replacement
- a Ukrainian identity card
- if you do not have a passport, passport replacement or Ukrainian identity card, bring a certificate issued by the Ukrainian embassy confirming your identity
- 1 current biometric photo for each person
- Your Ukrainian residence permit (if you do not have Ukrainian citizenship)
Certificate of allocation decision for Berlin (for applications from 1 June 2022).
You will receive an arrival certificate (Anlaufbescheinigung) from the State Office for Refugee Affairs (Landesamt für Flüchtlingsangelegenheiten - LAF) or from another reception facility in the Federal Republic of Germany. This provides proof of your allocation to Berlin (see the sample certificate under "further information").
Proof of your accommodation in Berlin or allocation decision for Berlin (for applications submitted by
31 May 2022)
Please bring at least one of the following:
- arrival certificate (Anlaufbescheinigung) from the State Office for Refugee Affairs (Landesamt für Flüchtlingsangelegenheiten - LAF) concerning the allocation decision for Berlin or
- confirmation of registration from the citizens' registration office of your district of residence (see under "further information") or
- a long-term rental contract for housing in Berlin or
- confirmation of permanent housing for Ukrainian refugees (see under "forms").
Marriage certificate or partnership certificate (if available)
for married couples or civil partners
Birth certificate (if available)
for minor children
Certificate of your online application for temporary protection for refugees from Ukraine
When you submitted your online application, you were shown a PDF. Please bring this either printed or in digital form on your smartphone.
You have received an appointment by email after submitting your online application for temporary protection. Please bring
this invitation to the appointment (as a printout or digitally on your smartphone).
- Application for a residence permit (German-Russian-Spanish-Portuguese)
- Application for a residence permit (German-English-French-Italian)
- Application for a residence permit (German-Greek-Turkish-Vietnamese)
- Application for a residence permit (German-Serbian-Bosnian)
- Confirmation of permanent granting of accommodation for Ukrainian refugees
- None: Issuance of the residence permit
- EUR 60.00: From the age of 24
- EUR 38.00: From 13 to 23
- EUR 14.00 Euro: For children up to 12
Average time to process request
- Due to the very high number of refugees, it may take some time before you receive your appointment.
- Immediately: if you have an appointment on site
- 5-6 weeks: If an electronic residence permit needs to be issued.