Residence permit for attending a language course at the location LEA, Keplerstr.
Current information on this location
Currently, the number of hits on our online appointment scheduling has increased massively. Unfortunately, this can mean that the service is temporarily unavailable. A maintenance page will then be displayed. Please note our
Changes in opening hours
Zur weiteren Eindämmung des Corona-Infektionsgeschehens (Lockdown) wird die Bedienung an unseren Standorten Friedrich-Krause-Ufer und Keplerstraße eingeschränkt.
Bis mindestens 28.05.2021 findet die Bedienung nur mit Termin statt.
Information on the address of this location
The postal address differs from the address of the location.
Therefore, please always send letters to:
Landesamt für Einwanderung, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin.
Information for customers with an appointment
We ask for your understanding for the following hygiene precautions:
- Entering our service building is only permitted with a medical mask. Medical masks in this sense are surgical masks as well as masks of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2.
- We can’t serve you if you are displaying symptoms of infection.
- Please note: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, access to our office buildings is limited only to customers with personal appointments. We kindly ask you – if possible – to come without accompanying persons to the appointment.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
Residence permit for attending a language course
Issuance of a residence permit for attending a language course which is not for the preparation of studying. The residence permit can be issued for the maximum of one year.
Intensive language course
A residence permit for learning the German language can only be issued for the participation in an intensive language course.
An intensive language course requires that its duration is limited from the start, and generally comprises daily lessons (a minimum of 18 lesson-hours per week) and directed towards acquiring comprehensive German language skills. Night and weekend courses do not meet these requirements.
- Main residence in Berlin
- A personal interview is required
- Valid passport
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
- Form "Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels" (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit)
Proof of intensive language course
- Certification of the language school over a booked language course of at least 3 months
- Contract with the language school
Health insurance (insurance card)
Any statutory health insurance will do. Travellers’ health insurance will also suffice for the duration of the language course.
Proof of secure livelihood
- Blocked account (Sperrkonto) at a German Bank with more than 11,040.00 Euros or
- Submission of a declaration of commitment by a third party on an official form (Verpflichtungserklärung) or
- Notarized declaration from parents securing the livelihood for the duration of the studies with proof of the income of the parents in the last six months
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit) - in German, English, French, Italian
- Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit - in German, Greek, Turkish, Serbo-Croatian
- Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit - in German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian
- 100.00 euros
- For Turkish citizens the fee is a maximum of 28.80 euros.
Average time to process request
A personal visit four to six weeks before the existing temporary residence title expires is best. If possible you should book an appointment for this.
This service can only be taken advantage of in the Berlin Immigration Office (Landesamt für Einwanderung – LEA) at Keplerstrasse.