Certificate of the right of permanent residence for Union citizens (EU/EEA) (Bescheinigung über das Daueraufenthaltsrecht für Unionsbürger) at the location Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer
Current information on this location
- Since April 1st, 2022, the 3G regulation no longer applies. However, we ask that you continue to wear a KN95/N95 or FFP2 mask when entering our office building. This is for your own protection and the protection of our employees.
- In order to grant refugees from Ukraine humanitarian residence permits as quickly as possible, short-term express appointments can no longer be offered in the online appointment booking. We ask for your understanding and support in this special situation.
- Please note the information on our website about service from March 21st
Cash and girocard (with PIN) (formerly EC card) can be used for payment at the location.
- Payments are also possible by credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Maestro).
- Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Certificate of the right of permanent residence for Union citizens (EU/EEA) (Bescheinigung über das Daueraufenthaltsrecht für Unionsbürger)
Certificate of the right of permanent residence for nationals of the Member States of the European Union and the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway)
Union citizens, who have continuously resided in Germany for five years and enjoy the right to freedom of movement, shall by rights acquire a right of permanent residence.
The certificate of permanent residence is purely declaratory and is irrelevant for a lawful residence. It is not necessary to exercise rights or to complete administrative formalities.
- citizen of the EU or nationals of Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway
Residence in Germany stretching over several years with right to freedom of movement
As a rule, 5 years’ legal residence in Germany creates a right to permanent residence.
During this time a right to freedom of movement must have existed continuously, for example as an employee, self-employed person or non-employed person with sufficient means of subsistence.
Depending on the individual case, the time required in the Federal territory may also be less than 5 years.
- Main residence in Berlin
A personal interview is required
The interview should, if possible, take place by appointment.
- valid passport or valid ID-card
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
- Form "Antrag auf Ausstellung einer Daueraufenthaltsbescheinigung" (filled out)
Population register information (Melderegisterauskunft)
Proof of permanent residence in Germany must be provided. This is most easily done with an extract from the register of residents. Tax demands or similar may also be used.
Proof of the right to free movement (for the last 5 years)
- employees: current certificate from the employer stating the type and duration of employment
- self-employed workers: business registration, tax number, current tax demand
- non-employed persons: proof of health insurance and means of subsistence
- 10.00 euros