Permanent settlement permit for family members of German citizens am Standort Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer
- Landesamt für Einwanderung (LEA)
- Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer
- Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin
- Tel.: (030) 90269-4000
- Fax: (030) 90269 4099
- Contact form
- Home page
Elevators in the houses A and C
7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (by appointment only)
7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (by appointment only)
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (by appointment only )
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (by appointment only )
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (by appointment only)
- Payments are also possible by credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Maestro).
- Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Cash and girocard (with PIN) (formerly EC card) can be used for payment at the location.
Permanent settlement permit for family members of German citizens
- you have cohabited with a German spouse or same-sex life partner, child or parent
- for 3 years with a temporary residence permit,
- have sufficient proficiency in the German language, and
- the subsistence of your family is ensured.
Possession of a residence permit for 3 years
The period in which a valid national visa was held will be counted as well, provided you have cohabited with your German family member since arrival.
Family cohabitation with one German national.
The German family member may be your
- spouse or same-sex life partner,
- child, or
- have persisted without interruption for at least 3 years
- and still be current.
Personal appointments should be by arrangement only. Your German family member must also attend the appointment.
If the foreign father of a German child places an application for a temporary residence permit without being accompanied by the child’s mother, confirmation from the Youth Welfare Office (not older than 14 days) concerning visiting rights must be submitted.
Proof of Income
Your income must be sufficient to ensure your subsistence (including the subsistence of your foreign family members).
Your subsistence is not ensured if you receive public benefits from a Job Center (citizen’s benefit (Bürgergeld)) or the Social Welfare Office (basic income support payment).
Your spouse or same-sex life partner may also provide proof of income.
Sufficient health insurance
Proof of a secure livelihood must also include sufficient health insurance. Those with statutory health insurance are sufficiently insured. Those with private health insurance must consider the type and extent of their health insurance. For more information, please read the leaflet "Information on adequate health insurance".
Sufficient command of the German language
You must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the German language (level B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
No criminal record
Even fines may prevent the granting of a permanent settlement permit.
- Main residence in Berlin
An ID card or a child ID card is also sufficient for the German family member.
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
Proof of income
- Employment contract,
- Confirmation from the current employer of ongoing employment (not older than 14 days),
- The last six payslips,
- Insurance history from the Deutsche Rentenversicherung – German Statutory Pension Insurance Scheme
- Audit report (Prüfungsbericht) prepared by an accountant, auditor or tax consultant with all the documents referred to therein, e.g. the excerpt from the commercial register (refer to Forms)
- Last tax assesment
- notice of pension approval
- notice of pension approval due to disability or a reduction in earning capacity, or
- current assessment by the Federal Employment Office, or
- meaningful doctor’s certificate
- If you have “statutory” health insurance: current confirmation of cover from your health insurer
- If you have “private” health insurance: insurance policy and proof that the premiums are paid (for instance bank statements)
Lease or proof of home ownership
The living space as well as the monthly rent or the housing costs of your own property (house or apartment) must be proven.
Certificates showing participation in the integration course (if available)
- "Zertifikat Integrationskurs" (Integration Course Certificate) confirming successful completion of the integration course
- Certificate showing the results of the final test
Proof of the receipt of other benefits
Do you receive child benefits, child allowances, parental benefits, a care allowance or similar benefits?
If so, please bring suitable proof (e.g. notices of approval).
Certification of school attendance or a vocational training course for adult children
Certification of school attendance or a vocational training course is necessary for:
- an adult foreign child of a German parent, or
- a foreign parent of an adult German child.
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Bescheinigung über die Anmeldung der Wohnung oder
- Mietvertrag und Einzugsbestätigung des Vermieters
In principle, the obligation to pay the processing fees arises as soon as an application is received. A repayment is not possible even if the application is withdrawn if the substantive processing has already begun (examination of the necessary residence times and/or examination of the documents sent or sending an appointment for an interview). The fees are:
- EUR 113.00 (EUR 56.50 upon receipt of application and EUR 56.50 upon grant)
- EUR 22.80: up to the age of 24 (EUR 11.40 upon receipt of application and EUR 11.40 upon grant)
- EUR 37.00: from the age of 24 (EUR 18.50 upon receipt of application and EUR 18.50 upon grant)
- Permanent settlement permit (general)
- Permanent settlement permit for children (aged over 16)
- Permanent settlement permit for EU Blue Card holders
- Permanent settlement permit for persons recognised as being entitled to asylum and refugees
- Permanent settlement permit for qualified skilled workers
- Permanent settlement permit for self-employed persons
- Residence title for former Germans
Stellen Sie unserem Chatbot Bobbi im Service-Portal Ihre Fragen.