Permanent settlement permit for qualified skilled workers at the location Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer

Berlin.de map
 Larger map

Current information on this location

Currently, the number of hits on our online appointment scheduling has increased massively. Unfortunately, this can mean that the service is temporarily unavailable. A maintenance page will then be displayed. Please note our

Opening hours

Bis mindestens 24.05.2021 nur mit Termin
Bis mindestens 25.05.2021 nur mit Termin
By appointment only
Bis mindestens 27.05.2021 nur mit Termin
By appointment only

Changes in opening hours

Zur weiteren Eindämmung des Corona-Infektionsgeschehens (Lockdown) wird die Bedienung an unseren Standorten Friedrich-Krause-Ufer und Keplerstraße eingeschränkt.
Bis mindestens 28.05.2021 findet die Bedienung nur mit Termin statt.

Information for customers with an appointment

Wir bitten um Verständnis für die folgenden Hygiene-Maßnahmen:

  • Das Betreten unseres Dienstgebäudes ist nur mit Masken der Standards KN95/N95 oder FFP2 gestattet.
  • Bei Krankheitssymptomen können wir Sie aus Gründen des Infektionsschutzes nicht bedienen.
  • Bitte beachten Sie, dass Corona-bedingt nur der Zutritt von Personen gewährt werden kann, die für sich persönlich online einen Termin gebucht oder eine Einladung zur Vorsprache erhalten haben. Wenn möglich, kommen Sie bitte ohne Begleitpersonen zum Termin.

Payment options

You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.

Additional information

Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).

Permanent settlement permit for qualified skilled workers

If your residence permit has been issued for employment as a qualified skilled worker, you may be granted a permanent settlement permit after 4 years.

If you have completed vocational training or a degree in Germany, this is already possible after 2 years of employment as a qualified skilled worker.

Do you have an EU Blue Card?
Then other requirements apply. Please inform yourself in the service "Permanent settlement permit for EU Blue Card holders" (see section "More information").


  • Application in writing
    Please file an application with the Berlin Immigration Office. You will either receive an invitation for a personal interview or a notification of charges.
    Please enclose with your application a copy of the documents specified in the section “Documents required”.
  • 4 years holding a residence permit for employment as a qualified skilled worker
    • You must have had a residence permit for employment as a qualified skilled worker with a professional qualification, an academic degree or in research for at least 4 years (pursuant to section 18a, 18b or 18d Aufenthaltsgesetz).
    • The minimum time is reduced to 2 years if you have successfully completed vocational training or a degree in Germany.
  • You are still employed as a qualified skilled worker
  • Old-age provision
    • You must furnish proof of having paid compulsory or voluntary contributions to the statutory German Pension Fund for at least 48 months, or of entitlement to comparable benefits by another insurance or pension institution.
    • If you have successfully completed vocational training or a degree in Germany, 24 months are sufficient.
  • Sufficient knowledge of German
    Adequate command of the German language in accordance with level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (GERR).
  • Secured means of subsistance including health insurance
    Secured means of subsistance include an adequate health insurance for you and the members of your family:
    • If you have a statutory health insurance, you are adequately insured.
    • If you have a private health insurance, please make sure that type and scope of your health insurance are adequate.
    For more information, please read the leaflet "Information on adequate health insurance" (section "Forms").
  • No criminal record
    Even fines may prevent the granting of a permanent settlement permit.
  • Main residence in Berlin

Documents required

  • Valid passport, together with your residence permit
  • 1 current biometric photo
    35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
  • Form "Antrag auf Erteilung einer Niederlassungserlaubnis"
  • In case of vocational training or studies in Germany: proof of the degree achieved
  • Proof of income
    • Employment contract
    • Supporting documents on the net earnings from the last 6 months
    • Current certificate issued by the employer (not older than 14 days)
  • Lease or proof of home ownership
    Proofs of living space and of monthly rent or cost of housing of own property (house or apartment) have to be supplied.
  • Old-age provision
    • Pension information notice issued by the German Pension Fund, or
    • Proof of entitlement to comparable benefits by another insurance or pension institution.
  • Health insurance
    Please submit either the insurance card issued by your statutory health insurance, or the insurance policy issued by a private health insurance company.
  • Proof of main residence in Berlin
    • Certificate of registration at the main residence or
    • lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
    More on the topic in the section "More information".


  • For the issue of the permanent settlement permit: 113.00 euros.
  • If the application must be rejected: 56.50 euros.
  • For Turkish citizens: a maximum of 28.80 euros.

Responsible authority

This service can only be taken advantage of in the Berlin Immigration Office (Landesamt für Einwanderung – LEA) at Friedrich-Krause-Ufer.