Permanent residence card for family members of citizens entitled to freedom of movement from the EU (except Germany) and the EEA at the location Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer

Berlin.de map
 Larger map

Current information on this location

Currently, the number of hits on our online appointment scheduling has increased massively. Unfortunately, this can mean that the service is temporarily unavailable. A maintenance page will then be displayed. Please note our

Opening hours

Until at least March 22nd, 2021 by appointment only
Until at least March 23rd, 2021 by appointment only
By appointment only
Until at least March 25th, 2021 by appointment only
By appointment only

Changes in opening hours

  • To further contain the corona infection the service at our locations will be restricted. For the time being until March 28th, 2021, service will only take place by appointment.
  • We are closed on March 8th, 2021 due to the public holiday (International Women's Day).

Information for customers with an appointment

We ask for your understanding for the following hygiene precautions:

  • Entering our service building is only permitted with a medical mask. Medical masks in this sense are surgical masks as well as masks of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2.
  • We can’t serve you if you are displaying symptoms of infection.
No access for accompanying persons
  • Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, access to our office buildings is limited only to customers with personal appointments.
  • We ask accompanying people including German spouses, whose attendance was requested, for their understanding: Due to the current pandemic we cannot grant you access.
  • An exception will be made for lawyers with ID, legal guardians with official ID and sign language interpreters who accompany the customer. Children below the age of 14 years may accompany parents if no alternative supervision can be arranged.

Payment options

You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.

Additional information

Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).

Permanent residence card for family members of citizens entitled to freedom of movement from the EU (except Germany) and the EEA

Permanent residence card for family members of citizens entitled to freedom of movement from the EU (except Germany) and the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) after (generally) 5 years of residency.

Please note: Family members of Germans do not receive a residence card in accordance with the Freedom of Movement Act but are entitled to a residence permit in accordance with the Residence Act if they themselves are not EU or EEA citizens (see under 'More information').


  • 5 years of the right to freedom of movement exercised
    Family members of EU or EEA citizens receive a permanent right of residence when
    • they have resided legally for an uninterrupted period of five years with the EU or EEA citizen in Germany
    • and a right of freedom of movement (i.e. as an employee/self-employed person/ with sufficient means of subsistence) has been exercised throughout this time.
    Legal residency alone, however, is insufficient.
  • Applicant is not an EU or EEA citizen
    Applicant is not a national of an EU member state or of Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway
  • The family member is a EU or EEA citizen
    The family member is a national of an EU member state (except Germany) or of Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway
  • Main residence in Berlin
  • A personal interview is required
    The interview should, if possible, take place by appointment.

Documents required

  • Valid passport
  • 1 current biometric photo
    35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
  • Form "Antrag auf Ausstellung einer Daueraufenthaltskarte" (filled out)
  • Residence card (Aufenthaltskarte) or residence permit
  • Population register information (Melderegisterauskunft)
    You must prove your continuous residence in Germany. The easiest way of doing this is with a population register extract. You can also use tax assessments or similar documents.
  • Proof of the right to free movement (for the last 5 years)
    • employees: current certificate from the employer stating the type and duration of employment
    • self-employed workers: business registration, tax number, current tax demand
    • non-employed persons: proof of health insurance and means of subsistence
    Additional documents may also be required.
  • Proof of main residence in Berlin
    • Certificate of registration at the main residence or
    • lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord


  • From the age of 24 years: 37.00 euros
  • Until the age of 24 years: 22.80 euros