Residency permit card for family members of nationals of EU member states (except Germany), Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein (EEA states) at the location Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer
Current information on this location
- Please note the information about service at our locations from May 31st on our website.
Changes in opening hours
To further contain the corona infection services will continue to take place in principle only by appointment.
Information for customers with an appointment
We ask for your understanding for the following hygiene precautions:
- Entering our service building is only permitted with masks of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2.
- We can’t serve you if you are displaying symptoms of infection.
- Please note: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, access to our office buildings is limited only to customers with personal appointments. We kindly ask you – if possible – to come without accompanying persons to the appointment.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
- Payments are also possible by credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Maestro).
- Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Residency permit card for family members of nationals of EU member states (except Germany), Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein (EEA states)
The residence card is issued to family members who
- are not nationals of a Member State of the European Union - EU or the European Economic Area - EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway)
- who are cohabiting as a family with a citizen of the EU or the EEA
- who is entitled to free movement.
Family members of Germans do not receive a residence card in pursuance of the Freizügigkeitsgesetz [Freedom of Movement Act]. They may receive a residence permit in pursuance of the Aufenthaltsgesetz [Residence Act], if they are not themselves EU or EEA citizens (see under 'More information').
- Family member is not an EU or EEA citizen
Right of freedom of movement applies
Family members only enjoy a right of residence derived from the EU/EEA citizen, if the latter enjoys the right to free movement, e.g. as
- an employee
- a self-employed person
- a non-employed person
Family relationship with a citizen of the EU (except Germany) or EEA
Family members in pursuance of the Freedom of Movement Act are, in particular,
- spouses/same-sex registered life partners or
- minor, unmarried children or
Living in a family unit
The family member and the EU/EEA citizen must be living in a family unit in Berlin.
- Main residence in Berlin
- A personal interview is required
- Valid passport
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
- Form "Angaben zur Ausstellung einer Aufenthaltskarte" (filled out)
Proof of relationship
i.e. certificate of birth, marriage certificate, partnership certificate
- Proof of registered residence of the EU or EEA citizen
Proof of the right to free movement of the EU/EEA citizen
In individual cases, proof of the right of freedom of movement of the EU/EEA citizen may be required. Please therefore bring the following documents with you:
- for employees: confirmation from the employer of the appointment or employment
- for self-employed workers: business registration, tax number, current tax demand
- for non-employed persons: proof of health insurance and means of subsistence
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- From the age of 24 years: 37.00 euros
- Until the age of 24 years: 22.80 euros
- Certificate of registration at the main residence (Meldebestätigung)
- Example: confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- Residence permit for spouses, parents and children of German citizens
- Permanent residence card for family members of citizens of the EU (except Germany) and the EEA
- Daueraufenthaltsbescheinigung for members with citizenship of an EU member state or of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
S-Bahn S 41/42 (Westhafen)
U-Bahn U 9 (Amrumer Str.)
Bus 123, 142, M27