Employment - Change of employer at the location Foreigners Office (Ausländerbehörde) Berlin, location Friedrich-Krause-Ufer

Berlin.de map
 Larger map

Current information on this location

  • Here you can receive the following services.

  • For any other services or requests (especially for Blue Card EU, students, scientists, au pairs, extension of Schengen-visas) please go to our other service building at Keplerstraße 2 in Berlin-Charlottenburg

Opening hours

07:00 a.m. - 02:00 p.m.
07:00 a.m. - 02:00 p.m.
By appointment only
10:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m.

Payment options

You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.

Additional information

Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).

Employment - Change of employer

  • Do you have a residence permit for the purpose of employment or an EU Blue Card?
  • Does your work permit specify a particular company?
  • Do you want to change company?

Then please apply to have your residence permit for the purpose of employment or EU Blue Card amended.

Note: Your residence permit for the purpose of employment/your EU Blue Card does not have to be amended, if you

  • have already worked for at least two years with a residence permit for the purpose of employment or
  • you have resided continuously in Germany for at least three years with a residence permit (except for study) and

  • in addition, no time limit is fixed by law for your type of employment (such as, for example, in the case of speciality chefs or within the framework of an exchange of personnel of an internationally operating company).

You can then move to another skilled employment without prior approval. The Foreigners Registration Office will provide you with written confirmation of this on request.


  • Possession of a valid residence permit for the purpose of employment or an EU Blue Card
    If your residence title is due to expire in the next three months, please book an appointment to extend it (see the section under 'More information').
  • Work permit is limited to one company
  • Main residence in Berlin
  • Application
    You can also send your application to us by e-mail, fax or post.

Documents required

  • form "Antrag auf Erlaubnis einer Beschäftigung" (filled out)
  • form "Stellenbeschreibung" (filled out)
  • Employment contract
  • Passport
    If you apply in writing, submit copies of your passport as well.
  • Proof of main residence in Berlin
    • Certificate of registration at the main residence or
    • lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord


From 1 September 2017 the fees are:
  • If the residence permit or EU Blue Card needs to be amended: free of charge
  • For issuing a certificate: 18.00 euros
  • If the residence permit needs to be extended: 49.00 to 96.00 euros (depending on the technical effort)
  • If the EU Blue Card has to be extended: 96.00 euros