Current information on this location
Currently, the number of hits on our online appointment scheduling has increased massively. Unfortunately, this can mean that the service is temporarily unavailable. A maintenance page will then be displayed. Please note our
Until at least February 8th, 2021 by appointment only
Until at least February 9th, 2021 by appointment only
By appointment only
Until at least February 11th, 2021 by appointment only
By appointment only
Changes in opening hours
To further contain the corona infection the service at our locations will be restricted at the turn of the year. For the time being until February 14th, 2021, service will only take place by appointment.
Information for customers with an appointment
Please understand that, in order to protect against infection, we can’t serve you if you do not wear a medical mask or are displaying symptoms of infection.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Employment - Change of employer
- Do you have a residence permit for the purpose of employment or an EU Blue Card?
- Does your work permit specify a particular company?
- Do you want to change company?
Then please apply to have your residence permit for the purpose of employment or EU Blue Card amended. Please note, however, before our instructions.
Your residence permit for the purpose of employment/your EU Blue Card does not have to be amended, if you
- have already worked for at least two years with a residence permit for the purpose of employment or
- you have resided continuously in Germany for at least three years with a residence permit (except for study)
- in addition, no time limit is fixed by law for your type of employment (such as, for example, in the case of speciality chefs or within the framework of an exchange of personnel of an internationally operating company).
You can then move to another skilled employment without prior approval. The Foreigners Registration Office will provide you with written confirmation of this on request.
- Do you still work for the same employer, but something has changed, for example the name of the company or of your job? Also in this case your residence permit EU does not need to be changed. Then please read our "fact sheet for foreign workers" (see below in section "More information").
Possession of a valid residence permit for the purpose of employment or an EU Blue Card
Your residence title needs to be changed? Then we recommend to book an appointment for the reissue.
Work permit is limited to one company and you want to change company
Main residence in Berlin
You can also send the application by e-mail, fax or post. But we recommend an appointment booking.
- If the residence permit or EU Blue Card needs to be amended: free of charge
- If the residence permit or EU Blue Card has to be extended: 96.00 euros
- The location Keplerstraße is only responsible for this service if you have an EU Blue Card (Blaue Karte EU) or another residence title for the employment as an qualified skilled worker.
- The location Friedrich-Krause-Ufer is only responsible for this service if you have a residence permit for another employment.
- Your residence title was issued by our Business Immigration Service? Then please contact our Business Immigration Service? by e-mail in advance (see section "More information").