Employment - Change of employer at the location LEA, Keplerstr.

Berlin.de map
 Larger map

Current information on this location

  • Since April 1st, 2022, the 3G regulation no longer applies. However, we ask that you continue to wear a KN95/N95 or FFP2 mask when entering our office building. This is for your own protection and the protection of our employees.

  • In order to grant refugees from Ukraine humanitarian residence permits as quickly as possible, short-term express appointments can no longer be offered in the online appointment booking. We ask for your understanding and support in this special situation.

  • Please note the information on our website about service from March 21st

Opening hours

7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (by appointment only)
7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (by appointment only)
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (by appointment only )
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (by appointment only )
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (by appointment only)

Information on the address of this location

The postal address differs from the address of the location.
Therefore, please always send letters to:
Landesamt für Einwanderung, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin.

Payment options

Cash and girocard (with PIN) (formerly EC card) can be used for payment at the location.

Additional information

  • Gebühren-Zahlungen sind auch mit Kreditkarte möglich (VISA, Mastercard und Maestro).
  • Fotoautomat im Erdgeschoss vorhanden. Fotos kosten 5 Euro. Bitte passend bar mit Münzen oder 5- Euro-Schein zahlen (am Fotoautomat kein Wechselgeld oder Kartenzahlung möglich).

Employment - Change of employer

  • Do you have a residence permit for the purpose of employment or an EU Blue Card?
  • Does your work permit specify a particular company?
  • Do you want to change company?
Then please apply to have your residence permit for the purpose of employment or EU Blue Card amended. Please note, however, before our instructions.

Note: Your residence permit for the purpose of employment/your EU Blue Card does not have to be amended, if you

  • have already worked for at least two years with a residence permit for the purpose of employment or
  • you have resided continuously in Germany for at least three years with a residence permit (except for study)
  • in addition, no time limit is fixed by law for your type of employment (such as, for example, in the case of speciality chefs or within the framework of an exchange of personnel of an internationally operating company).

You can then move to another skilled employment without prior approval. The Foreigners Registration Office will provide you with written confirmation of this on request.

  • Do you still work for the same employer, but something has changed, for example the name of the company or of your job? Also in this case your residence permit EU does not need to be changed. Then please read our "fact sheet for foreign workers" (see below in section "More information").


  • Possession of a valid residence permit for the purpose of employment or an EU Blue Card
    Your residence title needs to be changed? Then we recommend to book an appointment for the reissue.
  • Work permit is limited to one company and you want to change company
  • Main residence in Berlin
  • Application
    You can also send the application by e-mail, fax or post. But we recommend an appointment booking.

Documents required

  • Form "Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis Stellenbeschreibung"
    filled out
  • Copy of the employment contract
    (a draft is enough)
  • Passport
    If you apply in writing, submit copies of your passport as well.
  • Proof of main residence in Berlin
    • Certificate of registration at the main residence or
    • lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
    More on the topic in the section "More information".


  • If the residence permit or EU Blue Card needs to be amended: free of charge
  • If the residence permit or EU Blue Card has to be extended: 96.00 euros

Responsible authority

  • The location Keplerstraße is only responsible for this service if you have an EU Blue Card (Blaue Karte EU) or another residence title for the employment as an qualified skilled worker.
  • The location Friedrich-Krause-Ufer is only responsible for this service if you have a residence permit for another employment.
  • Does your employer take care of your residence law matters? Then ask your employer to contact our Business Immigration Service (see section "More information").