Application certificate for family members of EU (except Germany) and EEA citizens at the location Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer
Current information on this location
- Please note the information about service at our locations from May 31st on our website.
Changes in opening hours
To further contain the corona infection services will continue to take place in principle only by appointment.
Information for customers with an appointment
We ask for your understanding for the following hygiene precautions:
- Entering our service building is only permitted with masks of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2.
- We can’t serve you if you are displaying symptoms of infection.
- Please note: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, access to our office buildings is limited only to customers with personal appointments. We kindly ask you – if possible – to come without accompanying persons to the appointment.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
- Payments are also possible by credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Maestro).
- Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Application certificate for family members of EU (except Germany) and EEA citizens
Please note: This service is not available for family members (spouses, parents, children) of German citizens. If you are a family member of a German citizen, please read the following information and apply for a Residence permit for spouses, parents and children
Family members subject to the law on freedom of movement of a citizen of the EU or of the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) who themselves are not citizens of the EU or EAA officially receive a residence card for five years within six months after they have furnished the required information. The residence card evidences their right to entry and residence deriving from the freedom of movement rights accorded to citizens of the EU or of the EAA.
If a residence card cannot be issued immediately to a citizen of the EU or EAA at the time of the appointment, e.g. because documents are still missing, an informal application certificate will be issued. This certificate is valid for six months from the month of issue.
Family members of other foreign or German citizens receive neither a residence card nor an application certificate.
Residence card required
The issue of a residence card is desired, which, however, cannot yet be issued at the time of the personal appointment because of missing documents.
- Adults: 18,00 Euro
- Minors: 9,00 Euro
S-Bahn S 41/42 (Westhafen)
U-Bahn U 9 (Amrumer Str.)
Bus 123, 142, M27