Residence permit for Turkish employees and their family members (DAC 1/80) - Extension at the location Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer
Current information on this location
- Please note the information about service at our locations from May 31st on our website.
Changes in opening hours
To further contain the corona infection services will continue to take place in principle only by appointment.
Information for customers with an appointment
We ask for your understanding for the following hygiene precautions:
- Entering our service building is only permitted with masks of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2.
- We can’t serve you if you are displaying symptoms of infection.
- Please note: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, access to our office buildings is limited only to customers with personal appointments. We kindly ask you – if possible – to come without accompanying persons to the appointment.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
- Payments are also possible by credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Maestro).
- Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Residence permit for Turkish employees and their family members (DAC 1/80) - Extension
Extension of a temporary residence permit for Turkish employees and their families that has been granted pursuant to Section 4 para. 2 Residence Act - AufenthG (or: Section 4 par. 5 former version of the Residence Act - AufenthG).
A temporary residence permit pursuant to Section 4 para. 2 Residence Act can only be granted to Turkish employees and their family members according to Decision No 1/80 of the EEC-Turkey Association Council dated 19/09/1980 (DAC 1/80) in the following cases:
1. The applicant was granted a temporary residence permit with the entitlement to be joined by family dependents, and
- a) the spouse or one parent has worked without interruption for three years since arrival, i.e. the birth, and family cohabitation existed during this time (DAC 1/80 Article 7 paragraph 1), or
- b) one parent has worked for at least three years in total and the applicant has completed a course of vocational training in the federal territory (DAC 1/80 Article 7 paragraph 2),
2. The applicant has worked for the same employer for a period of three years (DAC 1/80 Article 6, point 2)
3. The applicant has worked in the same profession for four years (DAC 1/80 Article 6, point 3)
Possession of a valid temporary residence permit pursuant to Section 4 par. 2 Residence Act (AufenthG)
The temporary residence permit must be valid and have been granted pursuant to Section 4 par. 2 Residence Act - AufenthG (or: Section 4 par. 5 former version of the Residence Act - AufenthG).
The legal grounds shall be printed on the temporary residence permit (card for the electronic residence title or label in the passport).
- Main residence in Berlin
A personal interview is required
The interview should be done with an appointment if possible.
For minor children, the interview is only required from the age of 6 years.
- Valid passport
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
If you are an employee: Certificate of employment
Certificate from the employer regarding the duration of the unfinished employment (not older than 14 days)
If you are an employee: Salary slips
for the last 6 months in the original
If you are an employee: Insurance history
Insurance history from the health insurer or Deutsche Rentenversicherung – German Statutory Pension Insurance Scheme (only for employees)
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- From the age of 24 years: a maximum of 37.00 euros
- Until the age of 24 years: a maximum of 22.80 euros
Average time to process request
A personal visit four to six weeks before the existing temporary residence title expires is best. If possible you should book an appointment for this.
This service can only be taken advantage of in the Berlin Immigration Office (Landesamt für Einwanderung – LEA) at Friedrich-Krause-Ufer.
S-Bahn S 41/42 (Westhafen)
U-Bahn U 9 (Amrumer Str.)
Bus 123, 142, M27