Residence permit for Turkish employees and their family members (DAC 1/80) - Extension
Extension of a temporary residence permit for Turkish employees and their families that has been granted pursuant to Section 4 para. 2 Residence Act - AufenthG (or: Section 4 par. 5 former version of the Residence Act - AufenthG).
A temporary residence permit pursuant to Section 4 para. 2 Residence Act can only be granted to Turkish employees and their family members according to Decision No 1/80 of the EEC-Turkey Association Council dated 19/09/1980 (DAC 1/80) in the following cases:
1. The applicant was granted a temporary residence permit with the entitlement to be joined by family dependents, and
- a) the spouse or one parent has worked without interruption for three years since arrival, i.e. the birth, and family cohabitation existed during this time (DAC 1/80 Article 7 paragraph 1), or
- b) one parent has worked for at least three years in total and the applicant has completed a course of vocational training in the federal territory (DAC 1/80 Article 7 paragraph 2),
2. The applicant has worked for the same employer for a period of three years (DAC 1/80 Article 6, point 2)
3. The applicant has worked in the same profession for four years (DAC 1/80 Article 6, point 3)
Possession of a valid temporary residence permit pursuant to Section 4 par. 2 Residence Act (AufenthG)
The temporary residence permit must be valid and have been granted pursuant to Section 4 par. 2 Residence Act - AufenthG (or: Section 4 par. 5 former version of the Residence Act - AufenthG).
The legal grounds shall be printed on the temporary residence permit (card for the electronic residence title or label in the passport).
Main residence in Berlin
A personal interview is required
The interview should be done with an appointment if possible.
For minor children, the interview is only required from the age of 6 years.
- Valid passport
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
If you are an employee: Certificate of employment
Certificate from the employer regarding the duration of the unfinished employment (not older than 14 days)
If you are an employee: Salary slips
for the last 6 months in the original
If you are an employee: Insurance history
Insurance history from the health insurer or Deutsche Rentenversicherung – German Statutory Pension Insurance Scheme (only for employees)
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- From the age of 24 years: a maximum of 37.00 euros
- Until the age of 24 years: a maximum of 22.80 euros
Average time to process request
A personal visit four to six weeks before the existing temporary residence title expires is best. If possible you should book an appointment for this.