Residence permit for a foreign child born in Germany - Issuance at the location LEA, Zum Business Immigration Service (BIS)
Current information on this location
In collaboration with IHK Berlin and Berlin Partner, our Business Immigration Service (BIS) offers Berlin businesses an outstanding relocation service for foreign professionals and executives.
Through the BIS, Berlin businesses, foreign investors and start-ups, managers, highly skilled professionals and their families can quickly and easily clarify any residency issues and can be put in touch directly with the person responsible for dealing with them.
- The service is only available to registered customers and after arranging an appointment with us.
- Therefore we are unfortunately not able to help walk-in customers without an appointment.
- You can find more information about the service of the Business Immigration Service on our website.
No information available.
Information on the address of this location
The postal address differs from the address of the location.
Therefore, please always send letters to: Landesamt für Einwanderung, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin.
Payment cannot be made at this location.
Residence permit for a foreign child born in Germany - Issuance
Initial issuance of a residence permit for a foreign child
- born in Germany and
- where at least one parent holds a valid residence title
A personal interview is required
The interview should, if possible, take place by appointment.
Ex officio - Issuance at a Citizens Registration Office (Bürgeramt)
Both parents (in the case of shared parental responsibility) or the parent with sole parental responsibility are in possession of a valid residence title when the child is born.
The residence title (residence permit, EU Blue Card, settlement permit, EC long-term residence permit, right of residence or unlimited residence permit) of the parents or parent must have been issued by the Berlin Immigration Office.
The residence permit for the child can then be issued by every Civil Office (Bürgeramt) in Berlin.
On application - Issuance at the Berlin Immigration Office
Only one parent (in the case of joint parental responsibility) is in possession of a valid residence title when the child is born (see above).
Application for a residence permit for the child must then be made to the Berlin Immigration Office.
Birth in Germany
The child must have been born in the Federal territory and registered in Berlin together with the parents or the parent with rights of custody.
The child's passport
The child must either possess its own valid passport or be registered in the passport of a parent.
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
- Certificate of birth
- Passports of the parents
- 50.00 euros
- For a child with Turkish citizenship: 22.80 euros
- Free of charge: when presenting current proof of receiving benefits according to SGB II, SGB XII or the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act
Average time to process request
You can generally have this service carried out at any Berlin Citizens Registration Office (Bürgeramt), as long as the following requirements are met:
- Both parents (in the case of shared parental responsibility) or the parent with sole right of custody are in possession of a valid residence title when the child is born.
- The residence title (residence permit, EU Blue Card, settlement permit, EC long-term residence permit, right of residence or unlimited residence permit) of the parents or parent must have been issued by the Berlin Immigration Office.
Landesamt für Einwanderung (LEA)
LEA, Zum Business Immigration Service (BIS)
S-Bahn S5, S7, S75 (Zoologischer Garten)
U-Bahn U 2 and U 9 (Zoologischer Garten)
Bus M45, M46, M49, X9, X10, X34, 100,109,110, 200, 204, 245, 249
Train RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14, RB21, RB22 (Zoologischer Garten)