Current information on this location
- Here you can receive the following services.
- For any other services or requests (especially for Blue Card EU, students, scientists, au pairs, extension of Schengen-visas) please go to our other service building at Keplerstraße 2 in Berlin-Charlottenburg
07:00 a.m. - 02:00 p.m.
07:00 a.m. - 02:00 p.m.
By appointment only
10:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Residence permit for a foreign child born in Germany - Issuance
Erstmalige Erteilung einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis für ein ausländisches Kind,
- das im Bundesgebiet geboren wird und
- bei dem mindestens ein Elternteil einen gültigen Aufenthaltstitel besitzt
A personal interview is required
The interview should, if possible, take place by appointment.
Ex officio - Issuance at a Citizens Registration Office (Bürgeramt)
Both parents (in the case of shared parental responsibility) or the parent with sole parental responsibility are in possession of a valid residence title when the child is born.
The residence title (residence permit, EU Blue Card, settlement permit, EC long-term residence permit, right of residence or unlimited residence permit) of the parents or parent must have been issued by the Berlin Foreigners Registration Office.
The residence permit for the child can then be issued by every Civil Office (Bürgeramt) in Berlin.
On application - issuance at the Berlin Foreigners Registration Office
Only one parent (in the case of joint parental responsibility) is in possession of a valid residence title when the child is born (see above).
Application for a residence permit for the child must then be made to the Berlin Foreigners Registration Office.
Birth in Germany
The child must have been born in the Federal territory and registered in Berlin together with the parents/parent with rights of custody.
The child's passport
The child must either possess its own valid passport or be registered in the passport of a parent.
1 current biometric photo (over the age of 10)
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
Certificate of birth
Passports of the parents
- 25,00 to 30,00 euros, depending on the period of validity of the issued residence permit.
- Free of charge for Turkish citizens or when presenting current proof of receiving benefits according to SGB II or XII or the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act.
Average time to process request
The residence permit will generally be issued as an adhesive label in your passport on the same day.
Hinweise zur Zuständigkeit
The service can generally be provided at all Citizens Registration Offices (Bürgerämter). In special circumstances, only the Foreigners Registration Office is responsible (see requirements).