Current information on this location
- Here you can receive the following services.
- For any other services or requests (especially for Blue Card EU, students, scientists, au pairs, extension of Schengen-visas) please go to our other service building at Keplerstraße 2 in Berlin-Charlottenburg
07:00 a.m. - 02:00 p.m.
07:00 a.m. - 02:00 p.m.
By appointment only
10:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m.
Changes in opening hours
On Thursday, 28th of December 2017 we have different opening times:
- Departments E 1 - E 5 (residence titles) - 07:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m.
- Departments A 1 - A 5 (temporary suspension of deportation - Duldung, temporary residence permits for asylum seekers - Aufenthaltsgestattung) – 10:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Residence permit for a foreign child born in Germany - Issuance
Issuance of a residence permit for a foreign child
- born in Germany and
- where at least one parent holds a valid residence title
A personal interview is required
The interview should, if possible, take place by appointment.
Ex officio - Issuance at a Citizens Registration Office (Bürgeramt)
Both parents (in the case of shared parental responsibility) or the parent with sole parental responsibility are in possession of a valid residence title when the child is born.
The residence title (residence permit, EU Blue Card, settlement permit, EC long-term residence permit, right of residence or unlimited residence permit) of the parents or parent must have been issued by the Berlin Foreigners Registration Office.
The residence permit for the child can then be issued by every Civil Office (Bürgeramt) in Berlin.
On application - issuance at the Berlin Foreigners Registration Office
Only one parent (in the case of joint parental responsibility) is in possession of a valid residence title when the child is born (see above).
Application for a residence permit for the child must then be made to the Berlin Foreigners Registration Office.
Birth in Germany
The child must have been born in the Federal territory and registered in Berlin together with the parents/parent with rights of custody.
From 01.09.2017 the fee is 28.00 Euro.
Free of charge:
- For Turkish citizens or
- when presenting current proof of receiving benefits according to SGB II or XII or the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act
Average time to process request
The residence permit will generally be issued as an adhesive label in your passport on the same day.
The service can generally be provided at all Citizens Registration Offices (Bürgerämter). In special circumstances, only the Foreigners Registration Office is responsible (see requirements).