Gastronomic trade - apply for a deputy's permit

If you want to operate your licensed gastronomic trade by a deputy, you need a deputy permit. It is issued to the permit holder of the restaurant for a specific person who is to act as a substitute and can be limited in time.


  • Gastronomy permit of the proprietor
    The restaurant owner must have a valid gastronomy permit or apply for one in due time.
  • Personal reliability
    The reliability is checked on the basis of various proofs. For this purpose, the applicant must provide information from the Federal Central Register (certificate of good conduct) and information from the Central Trade Register.
  • Expertise of the deputy
    Proof of undergone training regarding relevant knowledge about food safety regulations.

Documents required

  • Application for a gastronomic deputy permit
    Online or formless in writing to the responsible public order office.
  • Gastronomy permit of the proprietor
    A valid gastronomy permit must be available or must have been applied for at the same time.
  • Identity document of the permit holder and the deputy permit holder
    Identity card or other official identification document containing a photograph (not required for electronic applications).
    Residence permit, if the applicant is not an EU national
  • Certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority for the deputy.
    To verify personal reliability, a certificate of good conduct from the Federal Central Register (Bundeszentralregister) is required for submission to an authority (document type O - "Führungszeugnis zur Vorlage bei einer Behörde").
    The information must not be older than three months.
  • Extract from the Central Business Register for submission to a public authority for the deputy
    To verify personal reliability, information from the central business register is required for submission to an authority (document type 9).
    The information must not be older than three months.
  • Certificate of expertise of the deputy
    Certificate from a Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Industrie- und Handelskammer, or IHK) for participation in a training course for the gastronomic business or a similar qualification (to be confirmed by the IHK).


Permanent permit: 17.00 to 187.50 EUR per expense
Temporary permit: 17.00 to 62.50 EUR per expense

Hinweise zur Zuständigkeit

The application for a deputy permit must be submitted to the public order office in whose district your business premises are situated.

Für Sie zuständig

Bitte wählen Sie für eine Terminvereinbarung einen Standort aus

Bitte wählen Sie zuerst einen Standort aus. Zu den verfügbaren Standorten


Stellen Sie unserem Chatbot Bobbi Ihre Fragen.