Transferring a residence card or permanent residence card to a new passport at the location Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer
Current information on this location
- Please note the information about service at our locations from May 31st on our website.
Changes in opening hours
To further contain the corona infection services will continue to take place in principle only by appointment.
Information for customers with an appointment
We ask for your understanding for the following hygiene precautions:
- Entering our service building is only permitted with masks of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2.
- We can’t serve you if you are displaying symptoms of infection.
- Please note: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, access to our office buildings is limited only to customers with personal appointments. We kindly ask you – if possible – to come without accompanying persons to the appointment.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
- Payments are also possible by credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Maestro).
- Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
Transferring a residence card or permanent residence card to a new passport
Are you the holder of a residence card or permanent residence card? And have you received a new passport? If so, you can have your residence card or permanent residence card reissued.
Are you the holder of a residence title (such as a residence permit) but not a residence card or permanent residence card? In this case, please see the section, “More information ”.
If you wish to travel abroad before your new residence card or permanent residence card has been issued:
If you wish to travel abroad in the meantime, please take both your old passport and your new passport with you. This will enable you to return to Germany.
Other conditions may apply in the country to which you wish to travel. Please find out which documents you need for your planned trip in good time. For example, you can obtain relevant information from the embassy or consulate of the country to which you wish to travel.
Ownership of a residence card or permanent residence card
Your residence card or permanent residence card was issued to you as a relative of a citizen of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA, which consists of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
You yourself do not have citizenship of a member state of the EU or the EEA.
You have already received a new passport.
- Main residence in Berlin
You can transfer your residence card or permanent residence card only by coming to us in person. Please arrange an appointment for this purpose.
- New passport
- Residence card or Permanent residence card
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
- From the age of 24 years: 37.00 euros
- Until the age of 24 years: 22.80 euros
Average time to process request
This service can only be taken advantage of in the Berlin Immigration Office (Landesamt für Einwanderung – LEA) at Friedrich-Krause-Ufer.
S-Bahn S 41/42 (Westhafen)
U-Bahn U 9 (Amrumer Str.)
Bus 123, 142, M27