Residency permit card for family members of nationals of EU member states (except Germany), Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein (EEA states) at the location LEA, Zum Business Immigration Service (BIS)
Current information on this location
In collaboration with IHK Berlin and Berlin Partner, our Business Immigration Service (BIS) offers Berlin businesses an outstanding relocation service for foreign professionals and executives.
Through the BIS, Berlin businesses, foreign investors and start-ups, managers, highly skilled professionals and their families can quickly and easily clarify any residency issues and can be put in touch directly with the person responsible for dealing with them.
- The service is only available to registered customers and after arranging an appointment with us.
- Therefore we are unfortunately not able to help walk-in customers without an appointment.
- You can find more information about the service of the Business Immigration Service on our website.
No information available.
Information on the address of this location
The postal address differs from the address of the location.
Therefore, please always send letters to: Landesamt für Einwanderung, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin.
Payment cannot be made at this location.
Residency permit card for family members of nationals of EU member states (except Germany), Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein (EEA states)
The residence card is issued to family members who
- are not nationals of a Member State of the European Union - EU or the European Economic Area - EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway)
- who are cohabiting as a family with a citizen of the EU or the EEA
- who is entitled to free movement.
Family members of Germans do not receive a residence card in pursuance of the Freizügigkeitsgesetz [Freedom of Movement Act]. They may receive a residence permit in pursuance of the Aufenthaltsgesetz [Residence Act], if they are not themselves EU or EEA citizens (see section 'More information').
- Family member is not an EU or EEA citizen
Right of freedom of movement applies
Family members only enjoy a right of residence derived from the EU/EEA citizen, if the latter enjoys the right to free movement, e.g. as
- an employee
- a self-employed person
- a non-employed person
Family relationship with a citizen of the EU (except Germany) or EEA
Family members in pursuance of the Freedom of Movement Act are, in particular,
- spouses/same-sex registered life partners or
- minor, unmarried children or
Living in a family unit
The family member and the EU/EEA citizen must be living in a family unit in Berlin.
- Main residence in Berlin
- A personal interview is required
- Form "Angaben zur Ausstellung einer Aufenthaltskarte" (filled out)
- Valid passport
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
Proof of relationship
i.e. certificate of birth, marriage certificate, partnership certificate
For all foreign documents: translation, possibly with an additional apostil or confirmation of authenticity
- Please provide an authenticated translation of all foreign documents.
- Depending on your country of origin, you may also need an apostil or confirmation of authenticity (issued by a German consular official) for your document(s). You can find out more about this topic for example on the website of the Federal Foreign Office: International recognition/Legalisation of documents (see section "More information").
- Proof of registered residence of the EU or EEA citizen
Proof of the right to free movement of the EU/EEA citizen
In individual cases, proof of the right of freedom of movement of the EU/EEA citizen may be required. Please therefore bring the following documents with you:
- for employees: confirmation from the employer of the appointment or employment
- for self-employed workers: business registration, tax number, current tax demand
- for non-employed persons: proof of health insurance and means of subsistence
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- From the age of 24 years: 37.00 euros
- Until the age of 24 years: 22.80 euros
- Certificate of registration at the main residence (Meldebestätigung)
- Example: confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- Residence permit for spouses, parents and children of German citizens
- Permanent residence card for family members of citizens of the EU (except Germany) and the EEA
- Daueraufenthaltsbescheinigung for members with citizenship of an EU member state or of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt): International recognition/Legalisation of documents
S-Bahn S5, S7, S75 (Zoologischer Garten)
U-Bahn U 2 and U 9 (Zoologischer Garten)
Bus M45, M46, M49, X9, X10, X34, 100,109,110, 200, 204, 245, 249
Train RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14, RB21, RB22 (Zoologischer Garten)