EU long-term residence permit at the location Berlin Immigration Office, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer
Current information on this location
- Please note the information about service at our locations from May 31st on our website.
Changes in opening hours
To further contain the corona infection services will continue to take place in principle only by appointment.
Information for customers with an appointment
We ask for your understanding for the following hygiene precautions:
- Entering our service building is only permitted with masks of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2.
- We can’t serve you if you are displaying symptoms of infection.
- Please note: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, access to our office buildings is limited only to customers with personal appointments. We kindly ask you – if possible – to come without accompanying persons to the appointment.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
- Payments are also possible by credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Maestro).
- Photo booth and copier (charge) are located at the cashier (house A, first floor).
EU long-term residence permit
Issue of an EU long-term residence permit
- Please file an informal written application. Please enclose with your application copies of the documents specified in the section “Documents required”. You will either receive an invitation for a personal interview or a notification of charges.
- Your application can also be checked if you make an appointment to extend your residence permit. Please bring the required documents with you to the appointment.
Possession of a residence title for 5 years
- have lived in Germany for at least 5 years
- have had a residence title (visa, residence permit, settlement permit) without interruption
- and must have a valid residence title at present.
Proof of Income
- You must have a stable and regular income which is sufficient to maintain yourself and the members of your family.
- You must be covered by a statutory health insurance or must have taken out a private health insurance for an indefinite period or to be automatically renewed in the same scope as the statutory health insurance.
- Sufficient knowledge of German
- Basic knowledge of the legal and social system in Germany
- Main residence in Berlin
No criminal record
Even fines may prevent the granting of a permanent settlement permit.
Adequate pension plan
When reaching the age of 67, you must have a provision for old age which covers your maintenance needs. This means that you
- have either built up pension rights by paying contributions to the statutory German Pension Fund (normally for at least 60 months) or to another insurance or pension institution entitling you to comparable benefits, or
- you receive a monthly cash benefit of at least 912.00 euros from a private pension or life insurance, or
- as a self-employed person will have assets of at least 194,631.00 euros.
- Valid passport
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
Proof of income
- Contract of employment,
- Current certificate issued by the employer (not older than 14 days) and
- Salary statements for the last 6 months.
- Completed audit report together with the documents listed therein, e.g. extract from the Commercial Register;
- The audit report must be completed by a tax consultant, auditor or tax agent.
- Last tax assessment notice.
- Tax assessment notices,
- Bank account statements that show a regular inflow,
- Invoices,e.g. from galleries and auction houses and the like.
Lease or proof of home ownership
Proofs of living space and of monthly rent or cost of housing of own property (house or apartment) have to be supplied.
You can provide evidence of adequate retirement benefits (see section "Prerequisites") by:
- Pension information notice issued by the German Pension Fund, or
- Proof of entitlement to comparable benefits by another insurance or pension institution, or
- Private pension or life insurance, or
- Own or operating assets
Health insurance (insurance card, insurance policy)
- If you are covered by statutory health insurance, a current confirmation of health insurance coverage from your provider.
- If you are insured with a private health insurance company, the policy and proof of contributions paid (e.g. statements of account).
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- For the issue of the EU long-term residence permit: 109.00 euros.
- If the application must be rejected: 54.50 euros.
- Up to the age of 24 years: 22.80 euros for the issue, 11.40 euros if the application must be rejected
- From the age of 24 years: 37.00 euros for the issue, 18.50 euros if the application must be rejected
S-Bahn S 41/42 (Westhafen)
U-Bahn U 9 (Amrumer Str.)
Bus 123, 142, M27