Gastronomic trade - request permission for a special reason

If you wish to serve alcoholic drinks commercially on a temporary basis as part of a special event that is open to everyone or a certain group of people, you must apply for a permit in accordance with the Gastronomy Act.

The condition is always that there is a special event. This can be, for example:
  • street festivals (e.g. folk festivals or funfairs).
  • christmas markets
  • sports events
  • company anniversaries
or similar events.

Permission is granted under simplified conditions.
However, it is only valid provisionally and is limited in time for the duration and location of the event.

If, on the other hand, you wish to run a gastronomic business serving alcohol on a permanent basis, you generally need a permit for the gastronomic trade (see "More Information").

A permit is also required in Berlin if you are in possession of a itinerant trade permit.

Independently of the permit discussed here and depending on your offer, you may have to fulfil further registration and permit obligations, for example according to the trade regulations.


  • Personal reliability
    Reliability is checked on the basis of various forms of evidence. The applicant must provide information from the Federal Central Register (certificate of good conduct) and information from the Central Trade Register.
  • Expert knowledge
    Proof of undergone training regarding relevant knowledge about food safety regulations is only required, if the catering activities are performed regularly and sustained on particular occasions.

Documents required


11.00 to 869.00 euros per expense

Average time to process request

approx. 2 weeks

Hinweise zur Zuständigkeit

The application for permission must be submitted in due time (at least 2 weeks in advance) to the public order office responsible for the location of the event.

Für Sie zuständig

Bitte wählen Sie für eine Terminvereinbarung einen Standort aus

Bitte wählen Sie zuerst einen Standort aus. Zu den verfügbaren Standorten