Security guard business - apply for a permit
The concrete activities covered by the term "guarding" are broadly diversified. They include
- the traditional guarding of bicycles, motor vehicles and buildings,
- event services,
- passenger screening,
- the transport of money and valuables..,
- personal security or
- the guarding of industrial and military facilities as well as nuclear power plants.
Sie können diese Dienstleistung auch online in Anspruch nehmen
Reliability is checked on the basis of various forms of evidence. For this purpose, the competent public order office obtains at least one unrestricted information from the Federal Central Register and one information from the Central Commercial Register as well as a statement from the authority of the state police responsible for the place of residence, a central police station or the competent state criminal investigation office.
Orderly financial circumstances
It is checked whether the applicant has debts (private or public) or whether insolvency proceedings are known.
Proof of having successfully passed the expert knowledge examination before a Chamber of Industry and Commerce or a comparable recognised professional qualification.
Adequate insurance cover
Proof of professional liability insurance for the business operation
Application for a permit according to § 34a of the Trade Regulations
Possible online; or you can use the form.
Identity card or other official identification document with photo (not required for electronic application).
Residence permit if the applicant is not a national of an EU country.
Proof of expertise
Chamber of Industry and Commerce (Industrie- und Handleskammer or IHK) proof of professional qualification or another comparable recognised professional qualification.
Information from the debtors' register (Central Enforcement Portal)
Information on entries can be requested online at the Central Enforcement Portal of the Federal States. (see "More information")
Information from the insolvency register
- For insolvency proceedings of natural persons residing in Berlin, two certificates are required as proof. The first for consumer insolvency proceedings is to be applied for at your local court and the second for regular insolvency proceedings at the Charlottenburg Local Court Amtsgerichtsplatz 1, 14057 Berlin.
- The Charlottenburg Local Court, Amtsgerichtsplatz 1, 14057 Berlin, is responsible for insolvency proceedings of legal entities and trading partnerships with their place of business in Berlin.
- Applicants with their place of residence/business outside of Berlin should inform themselves about the respective jurisdiction of the insolvency courts via the central local and court directory (see "More information").
Certificate in tax matters ("Bescheinigung in Steuersachen")
Certificate of no objection from the local tax office.
Professional liability insurance
Confirmation from an insurance company of the existence of professional liability insurance for the security guard business.
Up-to-date excerpt from the Trade Register
Registered companies please submit a current excerpt from the commercial register when applying. Legal entities in the process of formation (e.g. GmbH, AG) submit the articles of association.
EUR 84.00 to EUR 2,045.00 Fee framework
Average time to process request
- Information by IHK Berlin
- Security guarding business - register for the expert knowledge examination
- Information from the debtors' register - Central Enforcement Portal of the Federal States
- Insolvency notices online via the joint justice portal of the Federal States
- Search for the competent court in the central local and court register
- Information about privacy
- BAFA Guard Register - Information on registration
Diese Dienstleistung können Sie auch online über das des Einheitlichen Ansprechpartners erhalten.
Hinweise zur Zuständigkeit
The permit must be applied for at the public order office responsible for the place of business. If a place of business is not yet known, the permit can also be applied for at the public order office responsible for the applicant's place of residence.