Security guarding business - register for proof of instruction
You must provide proof of training in the security guarding business if you are employed and take on security guarding tasks in the security guarding business on your own responsibility. You will then also be entered in the Security Guard Register. The certificate of instruction is valid for an unlimited period.
The training takes place at the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (Industrie- und Handelskammer or IHK) and comprises at least 40 hours of instruction, during which you must be present without absences.
- Among other things, you will be taught your legal rights and duties as a security guard as well as techniques for dealing with people in conflict situations.
- The course is taught in German, so you should have at least B1-level language skills.
- After the training, you will have to answer written and oral comprehension questions on the contents in order to receive the certificate. With the certificate, you will also be entered in the guard register.
- If you have a qualification in a relevant training occupation, for example as a specialist for protection and security, you do not have to prove that you have completed the training.
The guarding training is carried out and certified by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
- Registration for the guarding instruction at an Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
- The training is carried out by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce, is oral and lasts approx. 40 hours.
- The certificate is also transferred to the Security Guard Register.
To open a guarding company or to work in certain areas, such as refugee accommodation, in discotheques or other public places, you have to take the more extensive expert knowledge examination for the security guarding trade.
Appearance in person
You must attend the instruction in person.
Observe registration deadline
Registration for the instruction for the security guarding trade
Only possible online
You must register for this on the Chamber of Industry and Commerce Berlin's registration portal.
- ID card with photo for identification at the examination
Average time to process request
- Information on the instruction of the Berlin Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK)
- Information sheet of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) Berlin
- Security guard business - apply for a permit
- Security guard business - register security guards
- Security guarding business - register for the expert knowledge examination
Industrie- und Handelskammer zu Berlin