Register of intermediaries IHK - Registration at the location Industrie- und Handelskammer zu Berlin
Cash and girocard (with PIN) (formerly EC card) can be used for payment at the location.
Register of intermediaries IHK - Registration
The chambers of industry and commerce keep a register of intermediaries.
Holders of one of the following licences must be entered in this register:
- Insurance broker (§ 34 d GewO),
- Insurance consultant (§ 34 d GewO),
- Financial investment brokers (§ 34 f GewO),
- Fee-based financial investment consultant (§ 34 h GewO) and
- Real estate loan broker (§ 34 i GewO)
The register contains the following data:
- For natural persons: surname, first name, date of birth and name of the company
- For legal entities: Family and first names of the natural persons who are responsible for the intermediary activities within the organ of the company responsible for the management
- Type of permit
- Address of the competent registration authority
- In which EU and EEA Contracting States the applicant will be active
- Addresses of possible branches abroad
- Company address
- Register number
- In the case of tied and product-processor insurance intermediaries: the insurance undertaking assuming liability.
Attention: If you violate the registration obligation, you can be fined up to 5,000 Euros.
1.a) You have a permit as:
Insurance intermediary (§ 34 d GewO), Insurance consultant (§ 34 d GewO), Financial investment intermediary (§ 34 f GewO), Fee-based financial investment consultant (§ 34 h GewO) or Real estate loan intermediary (§ 34 i GewO)
1.b) You have been exempted from the permit requirement
Mainly concerns product-processing insurance intermediaries
- 2. You are actively pursuing the activity on a commercial basis
Tied insurance agents can alternatively apply for registration via the instructing insurance company.
completed application form (under "Forms")
Copy of the licence document or, for product-related insurance intermediaries: proof of exemption from the licence
Copy of the business registration
If applicable, extract from the commercial register
If you are registered in the commercial, cooperative or association register, please also submit a current extract from it.
If applicable, for cross-border activities
If you want to operate also in other member states of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA): additionally the form "Activity in other EU member state" (under "Forms")
- 20,00 bis 110,00 EUR, depending on the type of entry in the register
- Trade Code (GewO) (register of intermediaries) § 11a
- Ordinance on Insurance Mediation and Consulting §§ 8 ff.
- Ordinance on Financial Investment Brokerage (Financial Investment Brokerage Ordinance) §§ 6 ff.
- Regulation on Real Estate Loan Brokerage (Real Estate Loan Brokerage Regulation) §§ 6 ff.
- Fee schedule of the IHK (Section F. Law and Taxes - No. 2. ff.)
For commercial enterprises based in Berlin, the Berlin Chamber of Industry and Commerce is responsible for entry in the register of intermediaries.
S+U Zoologischer Garten Bhf
- 0.3km S+U Zoologischer Garten Bhf