Electronic residence title (eAT) – Loss or theft at the location LEA, Keplerstr.
Current information on this location
- Bitte beachten Sie die Informationen auf unserer Website zur Bedienung ab dem 31.05.2021.
Changes in opening hours
To further contain the corona infection services will continue to take place in principle only by appointment.
Additional appointments are made available for urgent matters:
- For urgent cases the units B 1 and B 2 release daily short-term appointments online for Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Furthermore, from the 2nd of May 2021 every Wednesday in the afternoon hundreds of fast lane appointments for the following Thursday at Keplerstraße will be released.
Information on the address of this location
The postal address differs from the address of the location.
Therefore, please always send letters to:
Landesamt für Einwanderung, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin.
Information for customers with an appointment
We ask for your understanding for the following hygiene precautions:
- Entering our service building is only permitted with masks of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2.
- We can’t serve you if you are displaying symptoms of infection.
- Please note: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, access to our office buildings is limited only to customers with personal appointments. We kindly ask you – if possible – to come without accompanying persons to the appointment.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
Payments are also possible by credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Maestro).
Electronic residence title (eAT) – Loss or theft
Your electronic residence title (eAT) has been lost or stolen?
Then you are obliged to do the following without delay:
- Report the theft to the police.
- Inform the Berlin Immigration Office about the loss or theft of your eAT (in writing, by e-mail, phone or personally).
- If the electronic identity function was activated in your eAT, have it blocked. This is to protect you and to prevent any misuse of your data.
- By phone using the nationwide hotline for blocking (0180-1-33 33 33/). The hotline for blocking is accessible at all times.
- Please give the lock password. You received the lock password together with the PIN (identification code for activating the function) and the PUK (identification code for unblocking the function) by letter. The letter was sent to you before your received the eAT.
- Thereafter, please inform the Berlin Immigration Office immediately about the blockage.
Unblocking of the electronic identity function
Your stolen or lost eAT card has been found or returned.
For reasons of security you cannot have your blocked eAT card unblocked by phone using the nationwide hotline for blocking. You must come personally to the Berlin Immigration Office.
Your eAT card can only be unblocked if no new one has been ordered from the German Federal Printing Office.
Loss of the extension sheet?
You did not lose your eAT card but the extension sheet (green folded card).
Then you need not inform the police or the Berlin Immigration Office and you also need not have the electronic identity function blocked. Just come to the Berlin Immigration Office to be issued a new extension sheet.
New electronic residence title
You need to have your residence document renewed. Please make an appointment for a transfer of the data (see section “More information”).
- Your electronic residence title (eAT) has been lost or stolen.
Only, if you no longer have the lock password. Then you must come to the Berlin Immigration Office for blocking the eAT.
The fee charged for unblocking the electronic identity function amounts to EUR 6.00 for adults and EUR 3.00 for minors.