Residence permit for foreigners with a long-term residence in an EU member state am Standort LEA, Keplerstr.
7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (by appointment only)
7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (by appointment only)
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (by appointment only )
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (by appointment only )
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (by appointment only)
Information on the address of this locationThe postal address differs from the address of the location.
Therefore, please always send letters to:
Landesamt für Einwanderung, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin.
- Fee payments can also be made by credit card (VISA, Mastercard and Maestro).
- Photo booth available on ground floor. Photos cost 5 euros. Please pay appropriately cash with coins or a 5-euro note (no change or card payment possible at the photo booth).
Cash and girocard (with PIN) (formerly EC card) can be used for payment at the location.
Residence permit for foreigners with a long-term residence in an EU member state
Foreigners entitled to long-term residence are those who hold a residence permit (under EU Directive 2003/109/EG of 25.11.2003) bearing the designation "permanent residence EG" or "permanent residence EU" in the respective official language of the issuing EU member state.
Excluded from this are holders of a residence title issued by Great Britain, Denmark and Ireland, since these EU member states do not apply the corresponding EU directive 2003/109/EG dated 25.11.2003.
The general prerequisites for issuing a German residence permit, such as a secure livelihood, apply without restriction.
The residence permit allows gainful employment dependent upon the predominant purpose for which the residence shall serve (e.g. studies, employment, self-employed activity). The §§ 16-21 of the residence law shall be applied analogously.
The legal status of a person with long-term residence entitlement in another EU member state
- The right to claim a residence permit exists as a matter of principle only then when in another EU member state a residence permit has already been issued (pursuant to the EU directive 2003/109/EG dated 25.11.2003) bearing the wording "permanent residence EG" or "permanent residence EU" in the respective official language.
- As a rule, a temporary residence permit without this additional note is insufficient.
- Only in exceptional cases can the status of long-term residence entitlement be proved by written confirmation issued by the competent authorities of the other EU member state. The residence permit may only be granted on a discretionary basis.
- Main residence in Berlin
A personal interview is required
The interview should, if possible, take place by appointment.
Form “Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels" (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit)
verfügbar in den Sprachen Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch, Italienisch, Griechisch, Türkisch, Vietnamesisch, Spanisch, Portugiesisch, Russisch, Serbisch und Bosnisch;
nur bei erstmaliger Beantragung auszufüllen
- Valid passport with long-term residence ("permanent residence EU" or "permanent residence EG") of the other EU member state
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
Proof of Income
- for students: escrow account at a German Bank or submission of a declaration of commitment by a third party on an official form,
- bank statements of the last 3 months
Documentation regarding the intended purpose of stay (original)
e.g. certificate of enrolment, employment etc.
In certain circumstances: Form "Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis" (filled out)
As a rule, a temporary residence permit for the purpose of employment may only be granted if the Federal Employment Agency has agreed to this.
- Health insurance
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit) - in German, English, French, Italian
- Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit) - in German, Greek, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit) - in German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian
- Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit) - in German, Serbian, Bosnian
- Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis (job description)
For the first issuance of the residence permit:
- Adults: 100.00 euros
- Minors: 50.00 euros
- Adults: 93.00 euros
- Minors: 46.50 euros
- Up to the age of 24 years: 22.80 euros
- From the age of 24 years: 37.00 euros
Average time to process request
Around 5–6 weeks
A personal visit four to six weeks before the existing temporary residence title expires is best. If possible you should book an appointment for this.
Hinweise zur Zuständigkeit
Stellen Sie unserem Chatbot Bobbi im Service-Portal Ihre Fragen.