Tax de-registration of a company

You have the fiscal obligation to inform the competent tax office immediately, if you are temporarily or permanently discontinuing any

  1. commercial activities,
  2. self-employed (freelance) activities,
  3. activities in the fields of agriculture or forestry,
  4. if you are terminating participation in a private company,
  5. if a corporation is liquidated,
  6. if an association is dissolved (e. g. construction or working committees).

In the case that a corporation, an association or assets are dissolved, such notification must be submitted within one month of the reportable event. The same applies in the case that the company management or offices are relocated.
For this purpose, a questionnaire for temporary or permanent de-registration or re-registration for tax purposes is provided by the financial authority for the federal state of Berlin. This template is also available from your competent tax office. To speed up the process, the template is available online for download.


  • No prerequisites

Documents required

  • + Contracts, resolutions
    Please submit any contracts or resolutions that relate to the de-registration or re-registration, along with the
    + completed template.


Free of charge

Responsible authorities

Please note that the official language for all proceedings is German. We therefore ask you to submit any entries, notifications or applications in German only, to allow for them to be processed by the competent departments. These websites provided in English language are only intended for providing general information. They do not give rise to any legal right to handle processes in any other language.

Please submit the completed template to your current competent tax office, stating the existing tax number.

Finanzamt Charlottenburg

Specific information on this location currently available only on the authority's home page: Finanzamt Charlottenburg

Finanzamt Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg

Finanzamt für Körperschaften I

Finanzamt für Körperschaften II

Finanzamt für Körperschaften III

Specific information on this location currently available only on the authority's home page: Finanzamt für Körperschaften III

Finanzamt für Körperschaften IV

Finanzamt Lichtenberg

Finanzamt Marzahn-Hellersdorf

Finanzamt Mitte/Tiergarten

(responsible for Mitte - Nur für die Ortsteile Mitte und Tiergarten)

Finanzamt Neukölln

Finanzamt Pankow/Weißensee

(responsible for Pankow - Nur für die Ortsteile Pankow und Weißensee)

Finanzamt Prenzlauer Berg

(responsible for Pankow - Nur für den Ortsteil Prenzlauer Berg)

Finanzamt Reinickendorf

Finanzamt Schöneberg

(responsible for Tempelhof-Schöneberg - Nur für Schöneberg)

Finanzamt Spandau

Finanzamt Steglitz

(responsible for Steglitz-Zehlendorf - Nur für Steglitz)

Finanzamt Tempelhof

(responsible for Tempelhof-Schöneberg - Nur für Tempelhof)

Finanzamt Treptow-Köpenick

Finanzamt Wedding

(responsible for Mitte - Nur für den Ortsteil Wedding)

Finanzamt Wilmersdorf

(responsible for Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf - Nur für Wilmersdorf)

Finanzamt Zehlendorf

(responsible for Steglitz-Zehlendorf - Nur für Zehlendorf)