Schengen - Visa - Extension at the location LEA, Keplerstr.
Current information on this location
Currently, the number of hits on our online appointment scheduling has increased massively. Unfortunately, this can mean that the service is temporarily unavailable. A maintenance page will then be displayed. Please note our
Changes in opening hours
Zur weiteren Eindämmung des Corona-Infektionsgeschehens (Lockdown) wird die Bedienung an unseren Standorten Friedrich-Krause-Ufer und Keplerstraße eingeschränkt.
Bis mindestens 28.05.2021 findet die Bedienung nur mit Termin statt.
Information on the address of this location
The postal address differs from the address of the location.
Therefore, please always send letters to:
Landesamt für Einwanderung, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin.
Information for customers with an appointment
We ask for your understanding for the following hygiene precautions:
- Entering our service building is only permitted with a medical mask. Medical masks in this sense are surgical masks as well as masks of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2.
- We can’t serve you if you are displaying symptoms of infection.
- Please note: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, access to our office buildings is limited only to customers with personal appointments. We kindly ask you – if possible – to come without accompanying persons to the appointment.
You can pay in cash or with a debit card (Girocard) (with PIN) at this location.
Schengen - Visa - Extension
Schengen visas (visa category C) can be issued for short-term stays of up to 90 days in the Schengen region, for instance, for tourist visits or visits for business purposes or for medical treatment. The consulates of the Schengen States are responsible for granting Schengen visas.
An extension to a Schengen visa is only possible:
- in exceptional cases where new facts and special reasons arise after entry or
- if entry into the Federal Republic of Germany or into another Schengen state was late.
Exceptional reasons: Force majeure, humanitarian or important personal reasons
A visa extension can be considered for humanitarian or important personal reasons or in the case of force majeure.
- Example of force majeure:
- Examples of humanitarian reasons:
- Examples of important personal reasons:
A visa can also be extended where the visa period has not been fully used because entry into the Federal Republic of Germany or another Schengen State was late.
Proof of Income
Proof of income must be provided for the duration of the visa extension.
- This service can only be taken with an appointment.
- Passport with valid visa
Power of Attorney with Passport or Personal ID Document
In case personal interview is not possible
Filled in form "Antrag auf Verlängerung eines Schengen-Visums (Application for extension of a Schengen Visa)"
see section "Forms"
Proof of Income
- Formal obligation and proof of sufficient financial means of person issuing invitation (bank statement / three most recent wage slips / income statement from tax advisor for self-employed persons) or
- proof of own sufficient means or
- where necessary, reference from relevant embassy with assumption of costs of living
- Travel health insurance for the duration of the extended stay or
- reference from relevant embassy with assumption of costs of living
In the case of a visa issued for business or professional reasons, documents must be provided which found a public interest in the extension.
- Free of charge: when the Schengen visa is extended because of force majeure or for humanitarian reasons
- 30.00 Euro: when the Schengen visa is extended for important personal reasons or due to late entry
- 60.00 Euro for adults
- 30.00 Euro for minors
Average time to process request
This service can only be taken advantage of in the Berlin Immigration Office (Landesamt für Einwanderung – LEA) at Keplerstr.
Please make an appointment by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org