Swiss nationals and their family dependents must personally notify the foreigners office of their residency within 3 months of arrival.
The foreigners office will check the existence of a right to the free movement of persons.
Where a right to the free movement of persons exists, the temporary residence permit for Switzerland will be issued pursuant to the Agreement between the European Union and the Swiss Confederation of 21 June 1999.
Nationality of Switzerland
In cases of families, at least one family member must be a Swiss national.
Main residence in Berlin
A personal interview is required
The interview should, if possible, take place by appointment.
Valid passport or ID-card for Swiss nationals
Valid passports for family members of the Swiss national
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
Swiss nationals must prove their right to the free movement of persons.
The following documents (originals) should please be submitted in order to substantiate the right to the free movement of persons:
- Dependent workers: contract of employment or assurance of employment
- Self-employed persons: business registration from the trade licensing office; orders, invoices or similar as necessary
- Freelancers: tax number from the tax office; orders, invoices or similar as necessary
- Students: university admission or certificate of enrolment; proof of sufficient financial resources and health insurance
- Unemployed persons: proof of sufficient financial resources and health insurance.
Family dependents must present proof of their family relationship with the Swiss national.
e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate, partnership certificate, certificate regarding legal custody
Form "Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels" (filled out)
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
The following fees are assessed based on the actual technical effort.
- Swiss nationals: 8.00 to 28.80 euros
- Family members from other countries: 56.00 to 100.00 euros
Landesamt für Bürger- und Ordnungsangelegenheiten