Point of Single Contact Berlin at the location Single Point of Contact
Payment is not provided.
Point of Single Contact Berlin
If you would like to perform business or professional activities in Berlin, the Point of Single Contact Berlin will inform you about legal requirements and will help you to handle administrative proceedings online, quickly and simply.
As part of a European network, the Points of Single Contact (PSC) allow for easy access to administrative services and competent authorities across Europe.
The Point of Single Contact Berlin will help you
- if you would like to perform business in Berlin or
- if you would like to seek formal recognition of your professional qualifications for working in a regulated profession in Berlin.
- application processes, requirements and necessary
- competent bodies,
- costs and
- the duration of the administrative procedure.
If you would like to use the services of the Point of Single Contact Berlin, you need to register online on the Berlin service portal and create a user account. A step by step description of this process is provided under ‘Online Processing’.
After you have registered, you can immediately use the online procedures available. An overview of all online procedures available is provided under ‘Further Information’.
Services of the Point of Single Contact are available for:
- Service providers,
- Founders and
- Individuals seeking recognition of their professional qualifications
- the Federal Republic of Germany,
- a member state of the European Union (EU) or
- a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA), currently Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Depending on the issue
Which documents you need to submit, depends on your specific endeavour. More detailed information is available on the Berlin Service-Portal, on the corresponding websites for the services offered.
- The Point of Single Contact Berlin does not charge any fees.
- Information services and the provision of information by the Point of Single Contact Berlin are free of charge.
You will still need to pay legally prescribed fees for your administrative proceedings, charged by other authorities and competent bodies. In some cases, these charges are lower if the process is handled online via the Point of Single Contact (e.g. for online registration or re-registration of businesses).
The amount charged depends on the respective administrative proceedings. Information is available in the service specifications of the administrative services in question.
- § 2 Law on the Point of Single Contact for the State of Berlin (EAG Bln)
- Article 6 Directive 2006/123/EC regarding services in the internal market
- § 13 section 8 Law on determination of equivalence of foreign professional qualifications in the State of Berlin (Berufsqualifikationsfeststellungsgesetz Berlin (BQFG Bln))
- Article 57 and article 57a Directive 2005/36/EC regarding the recognition of professional qualifications
- Appendix III no. 1 Directive (EU) 2018/1724 regarding the establishment of a single digital gateway
- § 1 section 1 Law on proceedings of the Berlin authorities (VwVfG BE)
- §§ 71a to e Administrative Procedure Act (VwVfG)
Average time to process request
- On the online portals: immediately
- Requests submitted by email: usually up to 3 days
The processing time depends on the respective proceedings. It is indicated in the service descriptions of the procedures.
- The Point of Single Contact Berlin is only responsible for matters related to business or professional activities in Berlin.
- The Point of Single Contact Berlin will also accept queries from third states. However, the competent bodies may reject an electronic application via the PSC.
- You can contact the Point of Single Contact Berlin in German or in English.
- Administrative proceedings are usually handled in German, but some online processes are also available in English.
If you would like to perform business or professional activities in another state of the Federal Republic of Germany or in another EU country, please refer to ‘Further Information’ for the Point of Single Contact in charge.
S-Bahn Insbrucker Platz: S42, S41, S46, about 10 minutes walk
U-Bahn Rathaus Schöneberg: U4, about 3 minutes walk
Bus Rathaus Schöneberg: 104, M46, about 3 minutes walk