Activities that do not require an itinerant trade card

Some activities do not require an itinerant trade card.

Those include

  • sale of food products or other everyday consumer goods, provided that these are sold from non-stationary i.e. from mobile sales outlets at the same place at regular short intervals
  • offering printed matter on public footpaths, roads, square and in other public places, e. g. newspaper vendors.

In these cases, your business activities must only be registered with the competent Public Order Office for your regular place of residence.

The general provisions for registering, re-registering and de-registering a business apply.

Online processing

Service provided online


  • No prerequisites

Documents required

  • ID-Card of the German national
    Identity card or other official identification including a photograph


  • EUR 26.00 - per single person company, per associate for business partnerships
  • EUR 31.00 - legal entity with 1 legal representative
  • EUR 13.00 - for each additional representative of a legal entity
  • EUR 15.00 - business registration via electronic process (online processing)

Legal basis

Responsible authorities

Any Public Order Office can provide information about activities that do not require a itinerant trade card.