Apply for recognition of foreign professional qualifications (third country/ Non-EU Country) as a dental specialist am Standort Anerkennungsstelle für Fachzahnarztqualifikationen
Am Standort kann bar und mit girocard (mit PIN) (ehemals EC-Karte) bezahlt werden.
Apply for recognition of foreign professional qualifications (third country/ Non-EU Country) as a dental specialist
With the training as a specialist dentist, you have acquired a medical specialization for your qualification as a dentist abroad. To work as a dentist in Germany, you first need a license to practice medicine or a professional license. In order to be able to work as a specialist dentist in Germany, you must also apply for recognition of your further training as a specialist dentist. This allows you to use the designation "Fachzahnärztin" or "Fachzahnarzt" in your respective specialization.
Note: You may only use the designation for your specialization if there is a corresponding further training designation in Germany.
1. You submit your application and the required documents to the Berlin Dental Association (Zahnärztekammer Berlin). You may be asked to submit missing documents.
2. The competent authority checks whether your professional qualification is equivalent. The professional qualification is equivalent if there are no significant differences between your foreign professional qualification and the German professional qualification.
3.1. If your qualification is recognised, you can work in the profession in Germany. You will receive a notification.
3.2. If deficits in the knowledge and the special areas of law for dentists are determined, the equivalence of your qualifications will not be certified. You will receive notification of the differences in your professional qualifications.
You can then take a knowledge test to determine equivalence. If you successfully complete the exam, you will be granted permission to use the specialist designation "Fachzahnärztin" or "Fachzahnarzt" for your specialization.
4. You can take legal action against the decision of the competent authority within one month (e.g. file an objection). We recommend that you first speak to the competent authority before taking legal action against the decision.
License to practice medicine/ approbation
You must already have a state professional license (approbation) valid in Germany as a dentist or a professional permit.
Equivalence of your professional qualification
If your degree is not automatically recognized, you must prove the equivalence of your professional qualification as a specialist.
Application for recognition
Make a written request by mail.
Curriculum vitae in tabular form with information on completed further training and professional experience
Proof of identity
Identity card or passport
License to practice medicine or professional permit
Proof of German license to practice medicine or profession and proof of equivalent level of training
Proof of qualifications
Further training certificates and certificates of professional practice
If necessary, further documents and additional evidence for the assessment of equivalence
You only need to hand in the following documents if the competent authority asks you to do so:
- *Certificate of Conformity
- Evidence that you have actually and lawfully practiced the profession for at least 3 consecutive years during the last 5 years before the certificate was issued
Declaration on previous professional recognition procedures
Declaration as to whether you have already submitted an application for recognition to another dental association
If your documents are not in German, you must submit German translations of your documents. The translations must be made by translators who are publicly appointed or authorized.
EUR 100,00 to EUR 640,00 Euro, per effort
Average time to process request
Usually within 4 months after receipt of complete documentation.
Hinweise zur Zuständigkeit
Stellen Sie unserem Chatbot Bobbi im Service-Portal Ihre Fragen.