Weapons legislation – Applying for a representation permit for weapons trading/weapons manufacturing
With regard to its scope and validity, the representation permit is linked to the corresponding weapons trading or weapons production permit.
The same requirements must be met for a representation permit as for a weapons trading or weapons production permit.
Valid weapons trading permit or weapons production permit
Anyone wishing to appoint a representative in weapons trading or weapons production must themselves hold a valid weapons trading permit or weapons production permit for an existing business.
- The representative must agree to the application
Minimum age of representatives: usually 25 years
By way of derogation, a few specific exceptions apply: If a personal suitability certificate is presented the minimum age is 18 instead (§6 section 3 WaffG)
- Reliability of representatives
- Personal suitability of representatives
Qualification testing of the representatives
The qualification test is taken before the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
- The qualification test is not required if you fulfil the requirements for registration of a gunsmithy in the register of craftspeople.
Application for a representation permit for the weapons trading or weapons manufacturing industry
- Online processing: please keep all required documents and certificates ready for upload in PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG or DOCX format. The files should be named as follows: firstname_surname_description.pdf
- As an alternative, you may submit the application by postal mail or e-mail: please post or email the signed application and all certificates and personal documents to the weapons authority of the Berlin police.
Identity card or passport
As a photocopy or photograph
Residence permit that allows for self-employment
For non-EU citizens
Test certificate from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce. If available, otherwise the test must be taken and evidence must be provided at a later date.
Certificate of personal suitability (if you are under 25)
You will be prompted to submit the certificate of personal suitability at a later date.
Any previous registered addresses
If you lived outside Berlin in the past 5 years.
Declaration/consent of further responsible persons (submitted under separate cover)
- If further responsible individuals are named, it is necessary for reasons related to data protection that these persons send their declaration of their suitability and consent to being named to the weapons authority in a separate email or letter.
- Applicants will find the form for these declarations at the end of the online application form as a PDF document. Please download the form, print it and pass it on to the other responsible individuals so they can complete and send it under separate cover.
The application is subject to a fee. You will receive a notification of charges. Further processing will take place after receipt of payment. Up to 50% of the costs will be charged in the event of a negative decision.
- EUR 155.00: issuance of a representation permit for the weapons trading or weapons manufacturing industry
- EUR 61.00: for regular reliability reviews
- Information sheet about storing weapons and ammunition
- Weapons authority of the Berlin police
- National weapons register
- Weapons – Registration for the qualification test for commercial arms trading
- Weapons legislation – Applying for a weapons production permit
- Weapons legislation – Applying for a weapons trading permit