Remunerated Financial Investment Consultant - register for the examination
In order to obtain a licence as a financial investment intermediary or remuneration financial investment advisor, you must prove that you have the required expertise. Proven expertise is valid for life.
If you wish to broker financial investments on a commercial basis against commission from the issuer, you must prove your expertise in order to obtain the permit. You can do this by taking the examination at the ICC. Depending on the product category, the examination is divided into three areas:
- Open financial investments
- Closed financial investments
- Investments in assets
Theoretical and practical part of the examination.
The examination consists of a written and a practical part. They must be taken one after the other.
- In the written part of the exam you have to prove the necessary legal and technical knowledge, for example regarding consumer rights and technical terms.
- In the practical part, you have to conduct a simulated customer counselling interview.
- If you have completed vocational training or a degree in banking and finance, this may be recognised instead of the expert knowledge examination.
- You register for the examination.
- The ICC informs you in good in advance of the examination about the details of the examination procedure, place and time.
- You first take the written examination.
- If you have passed the written examination, the practical examination will take place.
- After successful completion of the examination, you will receive a certificate of competence.
You must appear in person at the examinations.
Observe registration deadline
Registration deadline is usually 28 days before the respective examination date
Registration for the examination
Only possible online
You must register for this on the IHK Berlin registration portal.
- ID card for identification at the examination
Average time to process request
Industrie- und Handelskammer zu Berlin