Anerkennung als Sachverständige/r für bodenschutzrechtliche Fragen beantragen
You can be recognised as an expert for soil protection issues. The Act on the Protection against Harmful Soil Changes and the Remediation of Contaminated Sites provides for the involvement of experts in several places.
Recognised experts are active in six different areas:
- Area-based and site-based survey/historical investigation
- Risk assessment for the impact pathway soil-water
- Hazard assessment for the impact pathway soil-plant / precautionary measures to limit substance inputs into the soil and during the application and introduction of materials
- Risk assessment for the impact pathway soil-humans
- Hazard identification, assessment and prevention of harmful soil changes due to soil erosion by water.
1. You first submit a written application. The application must state for which subject area(s) the application is to be made. Together with the application, you must submit further documents, which are listed in the application.
2. You will receive a fee notice and an invoice (advance payment) for the costs of the review. The fees are generally due when the application is submitted.
3. Furthermore, the recognition authorities check the reliability as well as the technical equipment and your liability insurance.
4. Your professional suitability is checked by committees or expert panels for soil protection and contaminated sites.
5. The review process usually consists of an evaluation of your submitted expert reports, a technical discussion and, if applicable, a written paper.
6. The result of the review will generally be communicated to you in writing. If you wish, the decision can be explained in a meeting.
7. If the recognition authority has checked all prerequisites and your professional qualification/expertise has been established, recognition and announcement will be made by notice and you will receive a certificate.
8. Their recognition is:
- in the "Federal Register of Experts" and
- in the "Research System for Measuring Points and Experts" and
- in the publication organ of the recognition authority Berlin Chamber of Commerce and Industry and
- in the "Official Gazette for Berlin".
Appearance in person
You must appear in person at the technical interview.
You have the so-called "required expertise".
You have the necessary technical equipment.
You are personally reliable.
You have the necessary liability insurance for expert activities.
Counselling interview, if necessary
Before submitting the "Application for Recognition as an Expert", it is strongly recommended to first conduct an assessment interview.
Application for recognition as an expert for soil protection issues
Please note that the obligation to pay fees already arises with the submission of the application.
Request for counselling interview
Take advantage of the offer of a personal consultation before submitting your application.
Curriculum vitae and complete account of professional activity and expert activities to date.
Biometric passport photo (also digital)
Professional liability insurance
Proof of liability insurance for experts and inspection bodies.
Certificate of good conduct for presentation to an authority
To verify personal reliability, information from the Federal Central Register (certificate of good conduct) is required for submission to an authority (document type O).
The information must not be older than three months.
Certificate in tax matters ("Bescheinigung in Steuersachen")
Certificate of no objection from the local tax office.
Information from the insolvency register
- For insolvency proceedings of natural persons residing in Berlin, two certificates may be required as proof. The first certificate for consumer insolvency proceedings must be applied for at your local court. If you have also been active as a trader, a second certificate for regular insolvency proceedings must be applied for at the Charlottenburg Local Court Amtsgerichtsplatz 1, 14057 Berlin.
- Applicants whose place of residence/business is outside Berlin should inform themselves about the respective jurisdictions of the insolvency courts via the central local and court directory (see "More information").
- Declaration on technical equipment
Certified copies of certificates (professional degrees, diplomas, doctoral certificates).
The certification can be replaced by simultaneous presentation of the originals or can be carried out on site by the Berlin Chamber of Commerce and Industry clerks.
Certificates of attendance
Certificates of participation in further training measures in the subject area applied for.
Three to five self-produced expert reports per subject area that are suitable for demonstrating the required expertise in the subject area applied for.
- Appraisal journal of the last three years
- EUR 1,000.00 to 3,000.00
- approx. EUR 2,500.00 in addition: expenses for expert committees.
- Federal Soil Protection Act (BBodSchG) § 18
- Berlin Soil Protection Act (Bln BodSchG) § 8
- Ordinance on Experts and Investigation Bodies within the Meaning of Section 18 of the Federal Soil Protection Act (Bln BodSUV)
- Ordinance amending the Ordinance on Experts and Investigation Bodies within the meaning of Section 18 of the Federal Soil Protection Act
- Schedule of fees of the Berlin Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK) (Section F.1.2)
Average time to process request