Gambling - Apply for a bookmaker's assistant permission
As a bookmaker, you can be represented by employed bookmaker assistants (m/f/d) in the mediation and conclusion of horse bets. For this purpose, you require a separate so-called bookmaker assistant permission for each bookmaker assistant.
- As a bookmaker, you apply for the bookmaker's assistant permission for your employee at the Senate Department responsible for economics.
- Your application will be examined by the competent authority.
- If there is no reason for denial and all requirements are satisfied, you will receive a permission for your assistant after the procedure is completed.
- Anyone who commercially invites or offers to conclude or arrange bets or accepts offers to conclude or arrange such bets shall be punished with imprisonment of up to six months or a monetary fine of up to one hundred and eighty daily rates.
- Please note that when exercising the bookmaker's trade you must observe the obligations of the State Treaty on Gambling. In particular, the obligations to train your bookmaker assistants (cf. § 16 section 2 sentence 2 of the Implementing Act to the Interstate Treaty on Gambling in conjunction with § 6 section 3 Gambling Hall Act Berlin (SpielhG Bln)) (see "Legal bases").
The application for a bookmaker's assistant permission can only be done by a bookmaker.
Only natural persons can be granted a permission as bookmaker's assistant.
You must prove the required personal reliability for your bookmaker's assistant by means of a certificate of good conduct and extract from the commercial central register for submission to an authority.
Deposit of a security
The guarantee is liable for the State's tax claims, together with interest, fines and penalties, the costs of criminal proceedings and penalties, and the bettors' claims arising from the betting transactions. The amount of the guarantee will be fixed in the notice of approval. It depends on the expected scope of the bookmaking business and the amount of the expected liabilities and can be increased or reduced by the authority at any time. A security deposit is required for every bookmaker's assistant.
- Submit the application in text form by post or electronically.
A clearly readable copy of the identity card or passport and residence permit if the applicant is not a national of an EU country
Copy of the notice as bookmaker
Certificate of good conduct for presentation to an authority
To verify personal reliability, information from the Federal Central Register (certificate of good conduct) is required for submission to an authority (document type O).
The information must not be older than three months. Please fill in "bookmaker's assistant permit according to § 2 para. 2 RennwLottG" as purpose of use when applying.
Excerpt from the central business register for presentation to an authority
To verify personal reliability, information from the central business register is required for submission to an authority (document type 9).
The information must not be older than three months.Please fill in "bookmaker's assistant permit according to § 2 para. 2 RennwLottG" as purpose of use when applying.
The guarantee may be provided as a bank guarantee, savings book with a blocking note or fixed-term deposit account with a pledge agreement in favour of the Senate Department responsible for economic affairs or to an interest-free deposit account designated by the Senate Department responsible for economic affairs. The amount will be determined by notice and will be adjusted as actual circumstances change. A security deposit is required for every bookmaker's assistant.
- EUR 130
- Racing Betting and Lottery Act (Rennwett- und Lotteriegesetz or RennwLottG) - bookmaker's assistant permission § 2 sec. 2
- Implementing Ordinance to the Racing Betting and Lotteries Act (Durchführungsverordnung zum Rennwett- und Lotteriegesetz or RennwLottDV) § 3
- Schedule of Administrative Fees (Verwaltungsgebührenordnung or VGebO)
- State Treaty on Gambling (Glücksspielstaatsvertrag or GlüStV) § 6 section 2 sentence 2
- Implementing Act to the State Treaty on Gambling (Ausführungsgesetz zum Glücksspielstaatsvertrag or GlüStVtrAG) § 16 section 2 sentence 2
- Gambling Hall Act Berlin (Spielhallengesetz Berlin or SpielhG Bln) § 6 sec. 3
Applications for a bookmaker's assistant permission to work in the Federal State of Berlin must be submitted to the Senate Department responsible for economic affairs.
Senatsverwaltung für Wirtschaft, Energie und Betriebe