German Statutory Accident Insurance - Register a new company
Accident insurance institutions include:
• Commercial employers’ liability insurance associations. These are divided into different industry branches.
• Public accident insurance institutions.
• Agricultural employers’ liability insurance associations.
It is legally provided that the employees of any company are covered by insurance.
In most cases, entrepreneurs or freelancers are not automatically covered by insurance. Only entrepreneurs of certain industries are automatically covered by insurance. All other entrepreneurs are provided with the opportunity to voluntarily take out insurance for the consequences of work and commuting accidents as well as occupational illnesses. They are able to apply with the relevant accident insurance institution.
Founding a new company
Pursuant to § 192 SGB VII notification is compulsory when founding a company.
Notification for statutory accident insurance according to § 192 SGB VII
The following information is required:
- personal and business related details (name, date of birth, address, legal status)
- date of foundation or take-over of the company,
- nature and object of the company (area of activity),
- focus industry, if your company provides services in different sectors,
- number of employees and starting date of employment.
Average time to process request
approx. 2 weeks
Diese Dienstleistung können Sie auch online über das des Einheitlichen Ansprechpartners erhalten.
Hinweise zur Zuständigkeit
You are able to contact the responsible accident insurance institution directly via the freephone infoline for the statutory accident insurance (tel. 0800 60 50 40 4 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org).
After consultation via the infoline, you will be directly connected with the relevant accident insurance institution.
If combined with a trade registration, this service is also available online or via the service portal of the Single Point of Contact Berlin. (see more information)
The Single Point of Contact Berlin will provide support when registering for the accident insurance. When registering a new company via the service portal, you are also able to submit notification for the statutory accident insurance. The umbrella organisation of the German Statutory Accident Insurance (DGUV) will forward your data to the relevant accident insurance institution immediately. You will then be contacted by this institution.