Apply for recognition of foreign professional qualifications (EU/EEA/Switzerland) as a veterinary technical assistant am Standort Landesprüfungsamt für Gesundheitsberufe (Anerkennung ausländischer Gesundheitsfachberufe)
- Landesamt für Gesundheit und Soziales (LAGeSo)
- Landesprüfungsamt für Gesundheitsberufe (Anerkennung ausländischer Gesundheitsfachberufe)
- Turmstraße 21, 10559 Berlin
Mailing addressPostfach 31 09 29 - IV A 4, 10639 Berlin
- Tel.: (030) 90229-2144
- Fax: (030) 90229-2094
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home page
13:00-15:00 Uhr (Telefonsprechzeit)
13:00-15:00 Uhr (Telefonsprechzeit)
Changes in opening hours
Das Referat für die Anerkennung ausländischer Gesundheitsfachberufe/Landesprüfungsamt ist telefonisch zu den oben genannten Telefonsprechzeiten, elektronisch oder schriftlich zu erreichen. Eine Präsenz-Beratung ist derzeit nur nach individueller Terminvereinbarung möglich. Hierzu wenden Sie sich an den E-Mail-Kontakt: email@example.com. Unterlagen können per Post übersandt oder jederzeit in den Hausbriefkasten in der Turmstr. 21, Haus A, 10559 Berlin, eingeworfen werden.
Information on the address of this locationHaus A
Eine Bezahlung ist nicht vorgesehen.
Apply for recognition of foreign professional qualifications (EU/EEA/Switzerland) as a veterinary technical assistant
The profession of veterinary medical technical assistant is regulated in Germany. This means that you need a state permit to work as a veterinary medical technical assistant in Germany. With this permit, you may use the professional title of veterinary medical technical assistant and work in the profession.
Even with a professional qualification from the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you can obtain a state permit from the competent authority in Germany. To obtain the permit, you must have your foreign professional qualification recognised.
In the recognition procedure, the competent body compares your professional qualification from abroad with the German professional qualification and checks the equivalence. The equivalence of the professional qualification is an important prerequisite for the granting of the state licence.
In addition to the equivalence of the professional qualification, you must also fulfil other requirements for the granting of the permit. Further requirements are, for example, sufficient German language skills and health suitability.
If your professional qualification does not come from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, other regulations apply.
You can also apply for the procedure from abroad.
You submit an application for the granting of permission to use the professional title of veterinary medical technical assistant to the competent body.
2. Equivalence check
The competent body will then check whether you meet all the requirements. One important requirement is the equivalence of your professional qualification. The competent body compares your professional qualification from abroad with the German professional qualification as a veterinary medical technical assistant. The professional qualification is equivalent if there are no significant differences between your foreign professional qualification and the German professional qualification.
3. Possible results of the examination
If your professional qualification is equivalent, your foreign professional qualification will be recognised. The competent body can confirm the result to you in writing. You still have to fulfil the other requirements. You will then be granted permission to use the professional title of Veterinary Medical Technical Assistant.
- Are there any significant differences between your professional qualification and the German professional qualification? You may be able to compensate for the differences through your professional practice, other knowledge or skills (lifelong learning). You must provide evidence of professional practice. Knowledge and skills must be certified by an authority of the state in which you acquired the knowledge or skills.
- However, it may be that the essential differences cannot be compensated by this knowledge. In this case, your foreign professional qualification will not be recognised. You will then not be allowed to work as a veterinary medical technical assistant in Germany.
- However, the competent authority will tell you the essential differences and why you cannot compensate for the essential differences through your professional practice. In most cases, you can take a compensatory measure. This will enable you to compensate for the essential differences.
There are various compensatory measures:
- Adaptation course: The adaptation course lasts a maximum of three years.
- Aptitude test: In the aptitude test, only those areas in which significant differences have been identified are tested. The aptitude test consists of a practical test combined with an examination interview.
If you successfully complete the compensatory measure and meet all other requirements, you will receive permission to use the professional title of Veterinary Medical Technical Assistant.
Training completed in the EU/EEA/Switzerland in the health profession that is equivalent to German training or an equivalent level of knowledge
The equivalence of the level of knowledge is to be proven, if necessary, by an examination or an adaptation course.
- Health fitness
- Proof of reliability and worthiness for the practice of the health profession
- Sufficient knowledge of German level B 2
- Proof of responsibility
- Application for permission to use the professional title in the case of training in the European Union (EU)
Proof of responsibility for the Land of Berlin
(e.g. confirmation of employment, proof of habitual residence in the Land of Berlin / main residence if applicable, applications for vacancies in the Land of Berlin, invitations to job interviews)
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form with signature and date
- Birth certificate and, if applicable, name change certificates
- Proof of identity (valid identity card or passport)
Certificate of good conduct for presentation to an authority
To verify personal reliability, information from the Federal Central Register (certificate of good conduct) is required for submission to an authority (document type O).
The information must not be older than three months.
Certificate of Good Conduct/Certificate of Clearance of Offences
of the police or judicial authorities of the home country, if applicable, of the study country (if presented, not older than 3 months)
Certificate of good standing from the country of origin
of the competent authority of the country in which the profession was practised (if presented, not older than 3 months)
Medical certificate from a doctor licensed in Germany
(not older than 3 months if presented)
Documents on the training course and training qualification with German translation
(see checklist for the granting of a licence to use the professional title for medical professions when training in an EU member state)
Certificate B 2 on knowledge of the German language
Certificate from the Goethe Institute, telc (telc certificates from Serbian language schools will no longer be recognised after 01.09.2022), TestDaf or ECL certified language school; not older than 3 years. Note: The language certificates submitted will be checked for authenticity and accuracy.
It is not necessary to submit the language certificates at the time of application.
Official certification of copies
If copies are submitted, they must be officially certified. In the case of copies without official certification, the simultaneous submission of the originals is required.
Average time to process request
approx. 3-4 months, if all documents are complete
- Explanations on the use of the professional title and contact persons Training in the European Union (EU)
- Explanation Approbation and contact persons Training outside the European Union (third country)
- Information on the recognition of foreign professional qualifications ("Recognition in Germany")
- Financial assistance in the recognition procedure
- Publicly appointed translators in Germany
Hinweise zur Zuständigkeit
Stellen Sie unserem Chatbot Bobbi im Service-Portal Ihre Fragen.