Weapons legislation – Reporting acquisition of weapons
Notification must be submitted to the weapons authority within 14 days of acquisition. The weapons authority will enter the weapons/weapon parts on the arms possession card later on. If you have a European Firearms Pass and would like to have your acquired weapons/weapon parts entered there, please complete the form “Weapons legislation – Applying for a European Firearms Pass” (see “More information”).
Valid acquisition permit
A valid acquisition permit based on an arms possession card, a valid annual hunting licence or a replacement certificate is required.
Notification must be submitted to the weapons authority within 14 days of acquisition. The day on which the weapon/weapon parts was/were actually received is considered the acquisition date, not the date of purchase. However, by way of exception, the date the weapon was sent off by the person transferring it is decisive if the weapon is/was sent to you by a commercial shipping company.
- Failure to submit notification at all or in time is an administrative offence that can result in a fine.
Notification of acquisition of weapons/weapon parts
Can be completed online; or you can use the form.
- Online processing: please keep all required documents and certificates ready for upload in PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG or DOCX format. The files should be named as follows: firstname_surname_description.pdf
- As an alternative, you may submit the application by postal mail or e-mail: please post or email the signed application and all certificates and personal documents to the weapons authority of the Berlin police.
Details of weapons/weapon parts
- Detailed weapon type classification
- Calibre of the weapon
- Serial number
- Details of the person/organisation transferring the weapon
Identity card or passport
As a photocopy or photograph
Arms possession card (original) and European Firearms Pass (original), if applicable
You must present or mail your original arms possession card and if applicable the European Firearms Pass to the weapons authority within 14 days.
Proof of acquisition (optional), if applicable
Purchasing contract, deed of gift, etc.
Processing fees apply. You will receive a notification of charges. Processing will take place after receipt of payment.
- EUR 25.00 when acquiring one weapon/one weapon part based on an existing arms possession card or a hunting licence, plus EUR 15.00 for each additional weapon/weapon part.
- EUR 31.00 when acquiring the first long gun or the first silencer based on a hunting licence (issuance of a new arms possession card), plus EUR 15.00 for each additional weapon/weapon part.
- EUR 17.00 if it is necessary to issue a follow-up document (up to eight weapons/weapon parts can be entered on each arms possession card).
- None: for notification that weapons were acquired by forestry workers who can present evidence that they will be used for forestry services
Average time to process request
The weapons authority will contact the applicant without being prompted to do so.