Arms possession card (red) for collectors and experts
If you are interested in acquisition permission for creating an ammunition collection or for acquiring ammunition, you need to apply for an ammunition acquisition permit (see “More information” for more details).
Application for an arms possession card (red)
Can be completed online; or you can use the form.
- Online processing: please keep all required documents and certificates ready for upload in PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG or DOCX format. The files should be named as follows: firstname_surname_description.pdf
- As an alternative, you may submit the application by postal mail or e-mail: please post or email the signed application and all certificates and personal documents to the weapons authority of the Berlin police.
Identity card or passport
As a photocopy or photograph
Evidence of necessity according to weapons legislation
• You must provide evidence that you are academically or technically active as a weapon or ammunition collector and that the acquisition contributes to the creation or expansion of a cultural-historically relevant collection (see “More information”).
• Provide evidence that you need firearms or ammunition for academic or technical purposes, for testing, assessment, examination or similar purposes (see “More information”).
Proof of competence
Test certificate (e.g. from an officially approved commercial competence training provider)
Certificate of personal suitability (if you are under 25)
In the context of processing your application, we will ask you to submit this document at a later date.
Certificate of safe storage
The purchase receipt or a photo of the gun cabinet must be presented as proof of safe storage. The type plate with the serial number must be legible.
• You will be prompted to submit details of safe storage at a later date.
Any previous registered addresses
If you lived outside Berlin in the past 5 years, please keep all addresses at hand as you will need to enter these in the application.
The application is subject to a fee. You will receive a notification of charges. Further processing will take place after receipt of payment. Up to 50% of the costs will be charged in the event of a negative decision.
- EUR 387.00: issuance of an arms possession card for weapon collectors or experts
- EUR 61.00: every three years, for regular reliability reviews
- EUR 45.00: every five years, for verification of continued need
- EUR 103.00: for weapons storage inspections
- EUR 51.00: for weapons storage inspections if the inspection is repeated after less than three years
- Information sheet for experts
- Information sheet for collectors
- Information about weapons legislation – Information sheet for parents and teachers
- Information sheet about storing weapons and ammunition
- Arms possession card (green) – standard
- Arms possession card (yellow) for sports marksmen
- Weapons authority of the Berlin police
- Weapons legislation – Applying for an ammunition acquisition permit