Gaming devices with the possibility of winning - register for the proof of instruction for operators
If you want to set up a gambling machine, you need the certificate of a Chamber of Industry and Commerce on the instruction on the protection of gamblers and minors for operators of gambling machines.
To set up gambling machines, you need a permit. "Setting up" means that you operate a machine and earn money with it, for example in your pub. To obtain a permit, you must prove that you have attended a course at the Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
The course consists of at least six lessons of 45 minutes each. The Chamber of Industry and Commerce will issue a certificate if you have attended the instruction without any absences. The instruction is given in German. The course covers the following subjects:
- Trade regulations and gaming regulations
- Gaming hall law of the federal states
- Youth protection law
The instruction is provided and certified by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
- You register for the instruction on a suitable date.
- You attend the instruction. The course lasts 5-6 hours.
- You receive the certificate directly after the instruction or a few days later by post.
You are a trader or an employee
In addition to tradespeople, employees are also required to attend. Office workers and employees with other duties do not require IHK instruction on the protection of gamblers and minors.
Appearance in person
You have to appear in person for the instruction.
Registration for instruction for slot machine operators
Only online possible
You must register for this on the Chamber of Industry and Commerce Berlin's (Industrie- und Handelskammer or IHK) registration portal.
- Photo ID for identification at the time of instruction
- EUR 70.00: instruction
- EUR 340.00: instruction with interpreter