Establishment - tax registration for companies, societies, associations, trade organisations, self-employment, as well as agricultural and forestry activities at the location Finanzamt für Körperschaften I

Berlin.de map
 Larger map

Opening hours


Changes in opening hours

Berliner Finanzämter für Körperschaften bleiben bis auf Weiteres für den Publikumsverkehr geschlossen.
Aufgrund der aktuellen Situation im Zusammenhang mit der Verbreitung des Coronavirus bleiben die Finanzämter für Körperschaften bis auf Weiteres für den Publikumsverkehr geschlossen. Für Ihre Anliegen nehmen Sie bitte vorrangig Kontakt über ELSTER Online, per E-Mail oder telefonisch zum Finanzamt auf.

Payment options

Payment cannot be made at this location.

Establishment - tax registration for companies, societies, associations, trade organisations, self-employment, as well as agricultural and forestry activities

You are obligated to provide information to the tax office if you

  • start a trade or business activity or
  • become self-employed or
  • exercise a freelance profession or
  • start an agricultural or forestry activity or
  • participate in a partnership or
  • establish a partnership or
  • establish a corporation (also under foreign law) or
  • establish an association.

  • starting a business as a sole proprietor,
  • establishment of a partnership or participation in a partnership,
  • establishment of a corporation or cooperative society
you are legally obligated as of 01.01.2021 to make the necessary registration with the corresponding "Questionnaire for tax registration" online via "My ELSTER".

To access the questionnaire at "My ELSTER", registration / a user account at "My ELSTER" is required. You will also need this access later as a secure communication channel to the tax office and for the fulfillment of further tax obligations (e.g. for the transmission of tax returns or tax registrations), if you do not commission third parties to do so.

If you already have access to a user account at "My ELSTER", you can also use it to submit the questionnaire.

If you do not yet have access to "My ELSTER", please first create a user account on "My ELSTER". Only if you are unable to provide either a tax number or an identification number for your registration, e.g. because you are not yet registered for tax purposes with a tax office in Germany and are not registered in Germany, you can register in a simplified manner using only your e-mail address. You can then initially only fill out the tax registration questionnaire online in "My ELSTER" and send it electronically.

For more information on registration, see "Further information".

The transmission of the tax registration when establishing an association is not yet possible electronically with "My ELSTER". In this case, you must download an official questionnaire (see Forms), print it out, fill it in and send it to the responsible tax office.

Online processing

Service provided online


  • No requirements necessary

Documents required

  • Registration form
    See “Forms" section.
    Guidelines with explanations are available for filling in the individual questionnaires.
  • If applicable: Contracts, certificates or similar
    Information about further required documents that need to be submitted is provided on the questionnaires.



Responsible authority

In Berlin, responsibility is based on regional aspects and the legal form in which the trade or self-employed activity is performed.

For associations, the Tax Office for Corporations I is responsible.

For all other corporations and partnerships in the form of a GmbH Co. KG (limited partnership with a limited liability company as general partner), the Tax Offices for Corporations I - IV are responsible.

Natural persons and partnerships are managed in the 17 regional tax offices. For more information, see "Further information".