Permanent residence card for family members of citizens entitled to freedom of movement from the EU (except Germany) and the EEA at the location LEA, Zum Business Immigration Service (BIS)
Current information on this location
In collaboration with IHK Berlin and Berlin Partner, our Business Immigration Service (BIS) offers Berlin businesses an outstanding relocation service for foreign professionals and executives.
Through the BIS, Berlin businesses, foreign investors and start-ups, managers, highly skilled professionals and their families can quickly and easily clarify any residency issues and can be put in touch directly with the person responsible for dealing with them.
- The service is only available to registered customers and after arranging an appointment with us.
- Therefore we are unfortunately not able to help walk-in customers without an appointment.
- You can find more information about the service of the Business Immigration Service on our website.
No information available.
Information on the address of this location
The postal address differs from the address of the location.
Therefore, please always send letters to: Landesamt für Einwanderung, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin.
Payment cannot be made at this location.
Permanent residence card for family members of citizens entitled to freedom of movement from the EU (except Germany) and the EEA
Permanent residence card for family members of citizens entitled to freedom of movement from the EU (except Germany) and the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) after (generally) 5 years of residency.
Please note: Family members of Germans do not receive a residence card in accordance with the Freedom of Movement Act but are entitled to a residence permit in accordance with the Residence Act if they themselves are not EU or EEA citizens (see under 'More information').
5 years of the right to freedom of movement exercised
Family members of EU or EEA citizens receive a permanent right of residence when
- they have resided legally for an uninterrupted period of five years with the EU or EEA citizen in Germany
- and a right of freedom of movement (i.e. as an employee/self-employed person/ with sufficient means of subsistence) has been exercised throughout this time.
Applicant is not an EU or EEA citizen
Applicant is not a national of an EU member state or of Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway
The family member is a EU or EEA citizen
The family member is a national of an EU member state (except Germany) or of Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway
- Main residence in Berlin
A personal interview is required
The interview should, if possible, take place by appointment.
- Valid passport
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
- Form "Antrag auf Ausstellung einer Daueraufenthaltskarte" (filled out)
- Residence card (Aufenthaltskarte) or residence permit
Population register information (Melderegisterauskunft)
You must prove your continuous residence in Germany. The easiest way of doing this is with a population register extract. You can also use tax assessments or similar documents.
Proof of the right to free movement (for the last 5 years)
- employees: current certificate from the employer stating the type and duration of employment
- self-employed workers: business registration, tax number, current tax demand
- non-employed persons: proof of health insurance and means of subsistence
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- From the age of 24 years: 37.00 euros
- Until the age of 24 years: 22.80 euros
- Certificate of registration at the main residence (Meldebestätigung)
- Example: confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
- Daueraufenthaltsbescheinigung for members with citizenship of an EU member state or of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- Permanent residence for familiy members of Germans or foreigners (execept EU/EEA)
S-Bahn S5, S7, S75 (Zoologischer Garten)
U-Bahn U 2 and U 9 (Zoologischer Garten)
Bus M45, M46, M49, X9, X10, X34, 100,109,110, 200, 204, 245, 249
Train RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14, RB21, RB22 (Zoologischer Garten)