Current information on this location
In collaboration with IHK Berlin and Berlin Partner, our Business Immigration Service (BIS) offers Berlin businesses an outstanding relocation service for foreign professionals and executives.
Through the BIS, Berlin businesses, foreign investors and start-ups, managers, highly skilled professionals and their families can quickly and easily clarify any residency issues and can be put in touch directly with the person responsible for dealing with them.
- The service is only available to registered customers and after arranging an appointment with us.
- Therefore we are unfortunately not able to help walk-in customers without an appointment.
- You can find more information about the service of the Business Immigration Service on our website.
No information available.
Information on the address of this location
The postal address differs from the address of the location.
Therefore, please always send letters to Ausländerbehörde, Friedrich-Krause-Ufer 24, 13353 Berlin.
Payment cannot be made at this location.
Residence permit for the purpose of studying
Issuance and extension of a residence permit for the purpose of studying
You must be enrolled or have conditional approval for studying in order to be issued a residence permit.
A personal interview is required
The interview should, if possible, take place by appointment.
Main residence in Berlin
1 current biometric photo
35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with neutral facial expression and closed mouth, looking straight into the camera, light background
the form “Antrag auf Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels" (Application for Issuance of a Residence Permit)
Only required for first-time application
Proof of secure livelihood
- For the initial issue: e.g. blocked account (Sperrkonto) at a German Bank with 9,936 euros / submission of a declaration of commitment by a third party on an official form / scholarship / notarized declaration from parents securing the livelihood for the duration of the studies with proof of the income of the parents in the last six months
- For the extension: bank statements of the last six months
Proof of a secure livelihood must also include sufficient health insurance. Those with statutory health insurance are sufficiently insured. Those with private health insurance must consider the type and extent of their health insurance. For more information, please read the leaflet "Information on adequate health insurance".
Certificate of enrolment or conditional approval for studying
Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration at the main residence or
- lease and written confirmation of occupancy from the landlord
The following fees are assessed based on the actual technical effort when extending the residence permit.
- For the initial issuance: 56.00 to 100.00 euros
- For each extension: 49.00 to 96.00 euros
- For Turkish citizens: a maximum of 28.80 euros
- For scholarship holders: Free of charge (only on a scholarship from German public funds, a German foundation or a program financed by the EU)
Average time to process request
To ensure timely renewal of your current visa or residence permit an appointment should be made 4-6 weeks before the expiry date.
The residence permit will generally be issued as an adhesive label in your passport. Electronic residence permits can at the moment only be issued in exceptional circumstances.