Electronic residence title (eAT) – Loss or theft
Your electronic residence title (eAT) has been lost or stolen?
Then you are obliged to do the following without delay:
Blocking of the electronic identity function
- Report the theft to the police.
- Inform the Berlin Immigration Office about the loss or theft of your eAT (in writing, by e-mail, phone or personally).
- If the electronic identity function was activated in your eAT, have it blocked. This is to protect you and to prevent any misuse of your data.
- By phone using the nationwide hotline for blocking (0180-1-33 33 33/). The hotline for blocking is accessible at all times.
- Please give the lock password. You received the lock password together with the PIN (identification code for activating the function) and the PUK (identification code for unblocking the function) by letter. The letter was sent to you before your received the eAT.
- Thereafter, please inform the Berlin Immigration Office immediately about the blockage.
If you no longer have the lock password, you must come to the Berlin Immigration Office for blocking the eAT. Please bring along your passport for identification purposes.
Unblocking of the electronic identity function
Your stolen or lost eAT card has been found or returned.
For reasons of security you cannot have your blocked eAT card unblocked by phone using the nationwide hotline for blocking. You must come personally to the Berlin Immigration Office.
Your eAT card can only be unblocked if no new one has been ordered from the German Federal Printing Office.
Loss of the extension sheet?
You did not lose your eAT card but the extension sheet (green folded card).
Then you need not inform the police or the Berlin Immigration Office and you also need not have the electronic identity function blocked. Just come to the Berlin Immigration Office to be issued a new extension sheet.
New electronic residence title
You need to have your residence document renewed. Please make an appointment for a transfer of the data (see section “More information”).