Deregister trade at the location Single Point of Contact
Payment is not provided.
A trade deregistration is always necessary if you give up an independent trade with a fixed place of business (in the so-called "standing trade"). This is the case if:
- 1. you wish to completely terminate or discontinue the operation of your trade.
- 2. you move the head office of your business or a branch or dependent branch of your business to a new location outside the municipality (outside Berlin). In this case, you must deregister your trade with your previous competent regulatory office in Berlin. Then re-register the trade with the trade authority at the new location in the new municipality.
- 3. Change the legal form of your trade. Deregister your trade under the previous legal form. Then re-register your trade with a trade registration under the new legal form.
- If your trade remains in existence and you only wish to notify the partial cessation of individual trade activities, you can voluntarily notify this by means of a trade re-registration. (see "Further information")
- If you move the head office of your business or a branch office or dependent branch of your business within the municipality (in the case of relocation within Berlin) to a new location, it is sufficient to submit a trade re-registration to the Ordnungsamt of the new business location. (see "Further information")
You want to completely give up your already registered business, move it outside of Berlin or change its legal form.
Traders are natural persons or legal entities (joint-stock company, limited liability company, registered cooperative or registered association, partnership limited by shares).
The following persons or their authorised representatives must deregister:
- sole traders: the sole trader,
- partnerships (e.g. OHG, GbR): the managing partners,
- KG: each personally liable partner, the limited partners of a KG only if they have power of management.
- corporations (e.g. GmbH, AG): the legal representatives (managing directors, board of directors).
The trade deregistration must be done at the same time.
You must deregister your trade at the same time as you end your business activities, move to another community (outside Berlin), or change the legal form of your trade.
Online possible; or you can use the form to deregister your business.
Identity card or other official identification document with photo (not required for electronic application). Residence permit if the applicant is not a national of an EU country.
Up-to-date excerpt from the Trade Register
Registered companies please submit a current excerpt from the Trade Register as proof of the power of representation.
The public order office of the district in which your business is located.
S-Bahn Insbrucker Platz: S42, S41, S46, about 10 minutes walk
U-Bahn Rathaus Schöneberg: U4, about 3 minutes walk
Bus Rathaus Schöneberg: 104, M46, about 3 minutes walk